Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the rollers for the first time at Gillett Diesel this morning. I was hoping to hit 500. It is a Max Effort Tune from Rob, so it should. :(

AD165
EFILive Max Effort
Straight Pipe
Mike L. Built Tranny

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Hit the rollers for the first time at Gillett Diesel this morning. I was hoping to hit 500. It is a Max Effort Tune from Rob, so it should. :(

AD165
EFILive Max Effort
Straight Pipe
Mike L. Built Tranny

dont be discouraged lol rob can tweak it further to make more power. if u have a v2 send him a few logs and the can really dial it in

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Its not too bad. I bet its over 500 at a different elevation.

Dyno numbers are worthless anyway.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Not low at all, mine makes 494/956 and went 12.65, all dynos read differently, don't be discouraged man, I been there. It probably rips on the street. Take it to the track get some accurate info, it doesn't lie. You need to make XXXhp to get a certain time slip. Check it out like I said been there got discouraged until I raced it. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was a little discouraged, but they are still good numbers.. She is a blast on the street. I have done way to many 180's in the road. I will get it to the track one of these days and get some time slips. :cool:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Have a blast, I'd rather have a fun truck to drive and have it make useable power than a dyno queen that lays down bigger number but drives like shit. Once you run it you'll be hooked.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
all dynos are different. that one could read 480 while the next one could read 530. dynos should really only be used as a tuning tool. IMO

·
Registered
101 Posts
I dynoed 522 and 1100 ft pnds on that dyno with twins...I was a
Little disappointed, but that is a very tough dyno...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
elevation difference doesn't mean squat if they use a SAE correction factor

either way, you dyno'd on a mustang dyno, which is a loaded dyno. Load bearing dyno's read lower than others, because get this... they actually put a load on the car (in order to simulate the road).

99% of the dyno numbers you read are SAE numbers on a dynojet without eddie brakes....... which reads ~20% more than a mustang dyno (assuming no one messed around with the correction factors on the mustang dyno you were on)

You should be DAMN happy with 482/968 on a mustang dyno with your setup. Those are actually REALLY good numbers.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I'm learning alot, thanks for the posts. :drink

How much HP does 33's steal?

I have been told by a few people now that they messed up the dyno. I thought they knew what they were doing. He told me 4th is where you want to run it, 5th is where It should have been. Thats frustrating, they were in a hurry in the first place, and now I find out they pretty much waisted my money. GrrRRrr

Here is the video

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm learning alot, thanks for the posts. :drink

How much HP does 33's steal?

I have been told by a few people now that they messed up the dyno. I thought they knew what they were doing. He told me 4th is where you want to run it, 5th is where It should have been. Thats frustrating, they were in a hurry in the first place, and now I find out they pretty much waisted my money. GrrRRrr

Here is the video Gillett Dyno Run - YouTube
if 4th isnt 1:1 then the truck dynoed TOO much meaning it would be mulitplying the power in a sense. I dont recall what gear in the 6speed is 1:1 in an auto. I know in my manual cars. 4th was always 1:1

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
if 4th isnt 1:1 then the truck dynoed TOO much. I dont recall what gear in the 6speed is 1:1 in an auto. I know in my manual cars. 4th was always 1:1
4th gear is 1:1.... same as the 5 speed cars.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
well i had mine dnyod not too long ago.. and idk what too think.. went for 3 pulls.. 520,542,567.. then he went and messed with the numbers and put me down too 490.. but im also on 37in tall tires and 24in rims lol.. what yall think??

·
Registered
747 Posts
well i had mine dnyod not too long ago.. and idk what too think.. went for 3 pulls.. 520,542,567.. then he went and messed with the numbers and put me down too 490.. but im also on 37in tall tires and 24in rims lol.. what yall think??
with this post i have no idea your mods.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts