Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. I have an 05 2500 HD 2 wheel drive 310 hp.
When the low fuel light first comes on,how much fuel is normally left in the tank?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
you have actually seen it come on?? I have never seen mine come on and the most I have filled up was 25 gallons!!! I only have a 26 gallon tank. Personally, I will never run my tank that low again. I don't trust the fuel guage and definately don't trust that stupid light.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
When my light comes on it usually takes about 28/29 gals to fill it up and its a 34 gal tank ( i think???). As some have learned the hard way the fuel gauge isnt always telling the truth in these trucks!! I know one guy whos truck would run out and the gauge said 1/4 tank all the time with no light, but this was on a dual tank dump truck so who knows ?

·
Registered
300 Posts
When my light comes on I have about 50 miles. Ive taken it about 40 miles past the light and filled up with 36 gallons. Id say mine gauges is one of the few that seems to be close to right.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.
I usually fuel up within 20 miles of the light coming on.
We go by Litres up here in Canada-Plus our gallons are bigger than US gallons so it could get really confusing if I try to cross match numbers!lol:ar15

1 - 5 of 5 Posts