Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 6.6 Duramax with dual diesel tanks. My low fuel light stays on along with my fuel gauge reading empty. I have checked the front tank level which is 1/2 to 3/4 full and have even replaced the front fuel tank sending unit with float. It still reads empty after all that. Any solutions or help????

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can these be bought at a local parts dealer or will I have to go to the GM dealer?

·
Registered
533 Posts
i bought all mine off of ebay it was like 35 buck and took me about an hour to take out the cluster and replace all of them. just search "duramax stepper motors"

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stepper Motor

Does anyone know the correct part and a good source to buy from. My old one is xc5 168. Is the x25 168 the correct one for a 2001.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need Help

Now I am confused. I swaped out a stepped motor and placed it in the fuel spot. Both tanks are full and the primary tank sending unit has been replaced with a new one. The Low Fuel light is still on and the gauge doesnt move. The secondary tank sending unit has not been replaced yet. Any ideas on this any one ,any one ????????

·
Registered
158 Posts
clear the codes in the engine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I disconnect the batteries and let it set a while will that be enough or will I have to use a code reader

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The other thing about these motors they dont look like any on e bay or the shuch. These have a metal back, are open some what, have 4 yellow tabs and use a 1/4 turn to install and remove.

·
Registered
158 Posts
im not sure about disconneting the batteries never tried it. just take it to autozone have them read codes and them ask them to clear them. i think they can clear them. or find a cool dealership and ask them to just clear ur codes... good luck with that but i work for one and we do if for people at no charge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts