Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He just did hg's in my 05 LLy. everything is put back together and truck cranks fine, but wont fire. put in new fuel filter, changed wif sensor, and chevked all lines and connections. plugged truck in and only reading 178-201psi in fuel rail while sitting. when cranking only goes up to 400-600psi, any ideas? i was told maybe stuck open injector/s? or maybe i need new priming housing cuz after priming and cranking its right back to pumping prime like crazy again. or maybe i just need to keep bleeding system. Any help would be greatful

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
He just did hg's in my 05 LLy. everything is put back together and truck cranks fine, but wont fire. put in new fuel filter, changed wif sensor, and chevked all lines and connections. plugged truck in and only reading 178-201psi in fuel rail while sitting. when cranking only goes up to 400-600psi, any ideas? i was told maybe stuck open injector/s? or maybe i need new priming housing cuz after priming and cranking its right back to pumping prime like crazy again. or maybe i just need to keep bleeding system. Any help would be greatful

Thanks
I had the same problem. I bought my 04 duramax about a year ago. When I first viewed the truck it would crank and crank and crank but wouldn’t fire over. So I eventually get her started and she shut off after about 30 seconds. So after hearing the engine running I bought the truck. Next day I threw a brand new fuel filter on her and she still wouldn’t fire over. So I primed the pump on top of the fuel filter about 40 times. Then she fired up no problem but she’d sometimes shut off. So I kept pushing that prime button on top of the fuel filter and now my trucks running like a top. I that doesn’t work try installing a lift pump. I have one on mine. Best thing I ever did. Sometimes when diesels break down and when engine work is done it could be a lot of screwing around to get her back up and running again. Try plugging a scanner computer into it and see if she’s throwing any engine or fuel codes at ya. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts