Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed the oil this weekend in my LMM. After the first start up I received a message on my DIC that said low oil and to add oil. The dipstick is showing no oil, but there has been no leaks that I have seen. Any idea what I have going on here? I put the 10 quarts that it calls for.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
The dipstick won't lie to you....go count the empty quarts of oil again to be sure you put all 10 in.

Your positive you dumped the oil in the right hole?.....Sometimes it's easy to goof up if your distracted......

·
Registered
150 Posts
What is your oil pressure gauge reading?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dipstick won't lie to you....go count the empty quarts of oil again to be sure you put all 10 in.

Your positive you dumped the oil in the right hole?.....Sometimes it's easy to goof up if your distracted......
Thanks for the advice! I'm officially a jack***. Must of only put the two gallon jugs of oil in the truck...the other two quarts were still in my toolbox. Maybe next time I'll change the oil when people aren't over and when beer isnt being drank. Lol.

Sorry guys :drink

·
Registered
498 Posts
I am very willing to bet that you didn't put 10 quarts of oil in your truck.

EDIT: posted late, the thread was sitting open. Glad it was something simple.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Just a wierd story for the thread. I pulled into a lube shop about 40000km ago get my oil changed then drive straight home (10km) restart pickup and get the oil light. Shut it off check the oil, nothing..(I'm freaking the "u%# out) grab my spare rotella jug and start pouring. 4 liters later I drive down to the lube shop 1 hour later and give them a piece of my mind!!! Well, long story short I ended up watching the footage of the oil change and watched it happen! All of it!!
Well my pickup hasnt burned a drop between changes in the 80000km I have owned it, This is 40000km ago. They told me it must have blown out the head gaskets hahahaha never again will I let anyone touch my drain plug!

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Lube shop probably put in the standard 5-6qt basic oil change for just about every GM gas engine used in a truck. There's a reason I won't go to places like this, many are underpaid and under trained or just don't care. Worst thing they can do to one of the employees is fire them, the company bears the risk of damage to customer vehicles and the employees care about as much for the cars and the company cares about them. There's always another highschool kid or college kid that can be hired.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Well said. The wierd part is I watched the video afterwards. Since I opted for rotella, they have to actually pour it in the motor out of the jug rather then the usual computer automated pump for the valvoline house blend. After physicaly seing the proper amount of oil added I come to the conclusion that, like you say, a pissed off employee dumped oil from the drain plug. It's the only thing that could have happened here. I went down there to get my gallon of oil back that I had to top it up with, needless to say I didn't get squat, not even a discount on the next one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.