Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 2004 Duramax and it shows no oil pressure once in a while when she is driving. She gets no warning lights or buzzers sounding when this happens. Does the Duramax have a shutdown switch if the oil pressure gets to low? Her oil level is fine and was just changed about 1000 miles ago. she has about 110,000 miles on the truck.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
if it were me i would get a mechanical gauge and check it out, its possible that the factory gauge isnt working properly or the sender could be bad. Hopefully that is the only problem and the pump is ok.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Kinda sounds like a connection. Intermittent failure.....sending unit perhaps or the stepper motor going out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Low oil pressure

Thanks for the thoughts. Yes I am going to get it checked out. I wasn't sure weather to drive it in and feel it safe if it had a shutdown switch or have it towed in.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Most new motors have a low oil pressure alarm. If its not going off you most likely have good pressure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts