Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just fully deleted and tuned my lbz duramax will the HSP high flow bundle kit, and for some reason the truck now gives a check engine light (P0087) after 3,000 rpms. And I cannot figure out the problem. I just brought the truck in august with 275,000 miles on it. And it does have a airdog 100gph lift pump. And I also installed a PPE race value hoping to fix the problem. The truck did not have this issue before the HSP upgrades. I have a fear that it is the cp3 but I would rather not have to replace the cp3 if I really don’t have too. I have also looked for any leaks and cannot find any. And I know for sure it’s not the injectors because they were just replaced and are giving absolutely prefect balance rates. Also the truck was already tuned when I bought it but I do not know exactly what kinda tuning is down to it besides it is tuned with efilive with the dsp5. I am really stuck on where to start to address the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

· Registered
7,425 Posts
Is your problem while driving? or at idle? or both? Have you called HSP to see if they have suggestions?

It ran great before your addition of the HSP bundle, now it doesn't. Something not done correctly. Double check the MAF and MAP sensor installs and wiring, If you have a capable tool, Read the MAF at idle. Should be about 37 gm/sec +-.

· Registered
2015.5 Silverado LTZ 3500 SRW
1,336 Posts
Watch the actual fuel rail pressure vs the desired fuel rail pressure..

If actual can't meet the desired then this code sets..

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only get the code when I’m really getting on the truck while driving. When on the throttle when the truck isn’t moving I do not get any code. Only when driving. Sadly I’m not able to go see my actually fuel rail pressure because I don’t have the device to do so but I will be getting a edge cts3 soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.