Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 chevy malibu ltz, just had it serviced at chevy dealer and 3 weeks later my car started making all kinds of noise and transmission was shifting hard and would not go in reverse. I have had no other problems and I get it serviced on time every time. What can cause it to be 2.5 quarts low? I've had it checked for leaks and none was found I park on concrete every day and i have never seen any fluid on ground. I had it checked for radiator problems and there was none. Im assuming that the chevy dealer did not check my fluid because I don't understand how it got that low that fast if they did check it, but they sure checked off on list that it was good. What can cause it to be low if there are no leaks?

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Most likely the dealer did not fill it correctly. There is no place for it to go, if it is not leaking--- except in the transfer case, but the seal should stop that. Check the level of the TC.

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
He says he has a Chevy Malibu, prolly doesn't have a TC (transfer case, that is...). Not uncommon for dealers to not properly fill fluid levels, that job is usually relegate to the lowest guy in the food chain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.