Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning everyone,
I hope someone can help me... I have a 2011 2500 HD. It is lifted approx. 8" and I believe the front end could use some tightening up. I want to replace the front upper and lower ball joints and tie rod ends but I have been having a problem locating parts. I can find the upper ball joints easy enough as I plan to replace them with the Kryptonite upper control arms with ball joints from the Dmax store but I cannot find many lower ball joints or lower control arms. Why are these so hard to find? Some sites list up to 2010 but nothing for 2011. I would like to replace the lowers with something more heavy duty than stock but I am just not finding anything. Is there a reason the parts are so hard to find. This truck is 4 years old, You would think there are parts sold everywhere for these. The MOOG site doesn't even list lower ball joints for this truck. Any suggestions ????
Thank You in advance....
:help

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
NCP 2601838 is the NAPA part number for the lowers. Might be able to use that and cross it to something else. People speak highly of the raybestos brand ball joints.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just wanted to add to my post........
I just talked to someone from MOOG suspension parts and he told me that they are going to be offering some new parts for the 2011 2500HDs. They are as follows....

LOWER BALL JOINTS #K500232
INNER TIE ROD ENDS #EV800935
OUTER TIE ROD ENDS #EV800901

I hope this helps anyone out there looking for parts for the newer front ends....

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
If I had to choose between Moog and Raybestos(Spicer), I'd pick the Raybestos LBJ any day of the week over the Moog.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK......... What are the part numbers ??????

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
OK......... What are the part numbers ??????
I can't seem to find just the lower ball joint for the LML's. The Raybestos number is for the LCA and Ball joint is Part #507-1607 Right and 507-1608 Left. I only know the Raybestos part number for the Cognito UCA's and it's Part #500-1062. The NAPA part number listed above is a renumbered Raybestos part but it is the exact same thing. Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.