Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone else experience lower mpg since ulsd ?
plus i'm adding RBP high performance additive.

i used to get 14+ towing my horse trailer...now i'm getting
about 12.5.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
yes i lost 2 to 3 mpg untill i started fueling up at the semi pumps and regained most of it,i'm not sure the difference between the fuel in the regular diesel pumps and the semi pumps...

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes i lost 2 to 3 mpg untill i started fueling up at the semi pumps and regained most of it,i'm not sure the difference between the fuel in the regular diesel pumps and the semi pumps...
the only thing i get at the semi pumps is that wonderful little drip down the side of the paint cuz the pumps are so fast and dont shut off in time...haha but i wonder if there is a difference in the two fuels

·
Registered
156 Posts
ultra low sulfur diesel, has only 15 Parts Per Million sulfur content as compared to low sulfur diesel that was up to 500 PPM sulfur content, ulsd has become mandatory in 2007 and later vehicles by our wonderful EPA ;) thanks guys, we really appriciate it.............

on the other hand my truck hasn't been doing as well on fuel lately either but i think it may have to do with the fact of how long it takes to get to full operating temp in the semi-cold up here, and the winter blend fuel

·
Registered
6 Posts
mixed fuel

I would guess your drop in mileage would be related to "winterized" fuel. It has a mix of Kerosene which has less heat energy per gallon. I occasionally use a mix of jet fuel (kerosene) and notice a significant loss of mpg. Probably also the long warm up's from the cold.

Have you guys heard of a way to do the auto idle up like the ford's? Do any of the chips have this feature?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts