Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Are you sure its coming from the lower pan and not the upper?

Reactions: cfell

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi, thanks for the reply's. I will probably follow the procedure of waiting for the RTV to firm up. Yes I'm sure its not the upper pan. I used dye in the oil. You can see its coming from the edges of the lower pan. I read somewhere and of course cannot find the thread about someone having a defective pan. Almost thinking somehow I do?

·
Registered
2017, 2500HD, LTZ, front guard, Duraflap mudguards, Leer bed topper
786 Posts
Hi, thanks for the reply's. I will probably follow the procedure of waiting for the RTV to firm up. Yes I'm sure its not the upper pan. I used dye in the oil. You can see its coming from the edges of the lower pan. I read somewhere and of course cannot find the thread about someone having a defective pan. Almost thinking somehow I do?
You know... since you have one of the bolt holes stripped out, is it possible it is leaking around that bolt hole you repaired?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I thought about that. Its not leaking in that area. I was able to tap the hole with the next size up threads and get a bolt in there. It pulled nice and tight and was able to torque it. I honestly think at this point, I'm going to just bite the bullet and put a PPE pan on and see what happens.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts