Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just joined Duramax Forum. I have an 07 LMM that I just installed some Belltech 3" drop shackles on. My wheel well heights are between 40"-40.5" and am running a 305x12.5x20 tire. I occasionally pull a 24ft enclosed trailer and would like to put airbags in the back.
I see this topic has been discussed but I haven't found a good answer. Is there an airbag kit/setup out there that will work well for trucks with drop shackles? My axle to frame clearance is clearly less, so is there a bag to run that wouldn't be too compressed?'dunno;

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
There’s nothing that will work good between the frame and axle. You need to fab up a custom bracket that you can bolt or weld on the outside/inside of the frame above the axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There’s nothing that will work good between the frame and axle. You need to fab up a custom bracket that you can bolt or weld on the outside/inside of the frame above the axle.

OK, that's what I was wondering. So guys with lowered trucks have to buy a kit (like Firestone or Air lift) and then make brackets to make these bags work which are meant for a stock suspension setup?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts