Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007.5 and I would like to lower the backend by a couple of inches to make my 5th wheel ride level. I am also looking at flipping my 5th wheel axels. The question I have is..are there lowering shackels available for the 2007.5? Are the shackels used on the 2007.5 the same as previous years? I am considering removing the lower helper springs and adding airbags, but I am concered about axcel wrap. Any other ideas on how to lower the backend? Please advise...
thx
Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did you ever get an answer to this question? I too am having the same issues with my 22ft 5ver. The truck bed is 3 inches higher, and the side walls are more 3 inches higher on top of that as well. The Tundra I sold had only 16 inch walls (vs 19) on the bed. Hope someone has some suggestions. I have already flipped the axles, it helped, but not enough.

·
Registered
22 Posts
In most cases, you can raise the pinbox and that will lower the frontend of the 5er. That's if you can maintain enough clearance over the bed rails. However, if you don't have that option, then you're stuck with lowering the truck or flipping the axles. My 7.5 is about 2 or 3 inches higher than I would like but it really doesn't hurt anything.

·
Registered
53 Posts
5vr Leveling

I am down to considering some way to lower thse truck. The 5vr, short of putting different shackles on it to raise it further, can not be adjusted further. The axles are already flipped. And this does not address the safety issues of raising it further. Crosswinds are an issue out west and on the plains. After a careful examination, lowering the truck doesn't look like an easy or cheap thing to do. And we don't want to void our warrenty with unapproved modifications.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Lowering the Truck

Thank you for the information. I looked at the site you sent and scrolled through the different kits. At the moment we are now considering just buying another 5'ver, for several of reasons beside the height issue. Our 5'ver was a "starter rig", one to get our feel of what we are doing. We would like to upgrade the bath, change the height, and get a more modern propane system. The exterior is a bit faded and has its dents and dings. The other half is not happy. We were in the market for another set of "trailing wheels". We will wait till after the new "wheels" arrive before we change the truck height.
I learned from your experiences and knowledge.
Thanks
Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.