Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With efi live can I lower my boost I have been hitting 40pounds peak on my hot toon but an my 200 hp toon I only hit 31pounds. Is 40 pounds ok I was thinking I I can limit it to 35pounds I would be better off. I You could help to tell me what to change the max boost it would be great. Is it just max boost setting ? Can you even do it?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
That is way to high, keep it to 32-33max, and the turbo is more efficient much lower then that even.

Desired boost tables is where you want to be playing.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
i dunno about yours but my map wont read past 28psi that maybe where your running into a problem. since the computer thinks its making less boost then it really is it comands higher vane and then even more boost.

also, where is your gauge plumbed at? directly behind the compressor will make it read kinda high

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Whats wrong with your map?
They are 3 BAR IIRC.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
thats just what it does, first run out the boost gauge hit 44psi and the log showed 28. i asked nick about it and he said its somewhat common.

its a pain in my ass for tuning, desired tables basically obsolete only boost control is max vane so i make not enough boost in low gears and too much in high gears. aftermarker map is on my "need to buy" list

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
The LBZ one must be different then.....:idkidk

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had my bud change the boost tables around a little and set the max boost at 34. My gauge is drilled into the tube under the air intake. Is this right? My max boost is around 30 to 32 how much power will I be missing from moving nicks tune from duramaxturner down

1 - 11 of 11 Posts