Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Lowering

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Kawtipping 
#1 ·
I know, many will ask why this is in the Towing & Hauling section, so here is the deal. I am looking for a good way to lower my 02 2500 4x4. Sometimes I take my race bike to the track, and don't feel like taking a trailer. This past season I didn't have any issues as I was using a 2wd S10. I didn't even have to use anything to step up into the bed when loading up (or unloading) my bike. I know this will not be the case, even with a lowered full size. But every little bit helps!! I am sure I will end up with a lower load carrying ability (unless I spend major bucks on an air bag set up). However I will never need the full load capacity of the truck the way it is. Any help would be much appreciated.

#3 ·
Riiiigggghhhhtttt. But the real question is, who makes a decent lowering kit that isn't going to f'up the suspension all that much? I know that once you start lowering things (or lifting for that mater), suspension geometry goes way outa design specs. Which is usually a bad thing.

#4 ·
I checked ebay and they have some rear lowering shackels but nothing for the front. Id pick up a Truckin magazine. You could probably come up with some front spindals or torsion bar brackets?

Most lowering kits are the same. They really are'nt made cheap but Id look for Fabtech or possibly Rancho as a name brand.

#6 ·
They make a drop spindle for 4x4's? Wow, I should really start looking for some of this stuff!! Thanks for the info.

#9 ·
Being in Wisconsin, 2wd is hard to come by...plus I got a steal on my truck. $17k!! I don't think I could find a 2wd 1500 for the same price that is in as good of condition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.