Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice the LTZ is lacking dash storage? i just bought a 11 LTZ duramax. While i do like the LTZ, i am missing the storage of the LT.

I have no where to put my oakleys or kleenex box. The center console isnt really going to work since the dog sits on it. And putting my oakleys in the center console tray just seems like they are going to instantly get scratched.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
@icecactus, I have read your post about your negative view of the storage in the 2011 trucks. I apologize this is not up to your liking on the vehicle. I will be sure to forward your comments about the lack of storage space to the proper department for further review.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Michelle,

Thanks for the reply! Don't get me wrong, i like the look and feel. Just wish it had a dash tray or something similar in the dash. Maybe something like my wifes Traverse has in the center of the dash.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
I also just got a new to me 07.5 LTZ and have noticed that there is no storage in the truck at all. Not only up front but there really is nothing in back either. I guess Im gonna have to put a tool box in the bed just to keep the normal jumper cables tow/ratchet straps and such.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also just got a new to me 07.5 LTZ and have noticed that there is no storage in the truck at all. Not only up front but there really is nothing in back either. I guess Im gonna have to put a tool box in the bed just to keep the normal jumper cables tow/ratchet straps and such.
I put the jumper cables, gloves, hitch adapter etc under the rear seats. With the seats folded up you can tuck quite a bit of stuff back up and in. As long as its not too large that it hits the back of the seat when its folded down. My tool box wont fit, but its large and flat, so i think if i put the tools in soft tool bag, they will fit no problem.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
@icecactus, No problem on the reply. I love being on the forums with all of you guys and gals.

I completely understand your point of view about the dash tray or the lack of. If you have further comments, questions and/or concerns, don't hesitate to contact me.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Anyone else notice the LTZ is lacking dash storage? i just bought a 11 LTZ duramax. While i do like the LTZ, i am missing the storage of the LT.

I have no where to put my oakleys or kleenex box. The center console isnt really going to work since the dog sits on it. And putting my oakleys in the center console tray just seems like they are going to instantly get scratched.
Wow this has to be a female posting this bc really thats ur complaint is you have no where to put your "Oakleys" and your Kleenex box??? Sunglasses get put up in the Visor, and the Kleenexs can go in your glove box. There now GM doesnt have to redeisign there interior so you have a spot to put your "Oakleys" and box of kleenex! Come on Dude thats really your Thread

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Wow this has to be a female posting this bc really thats ur complaint is you have no where to put your "Oakleys" and your Kleenex box??? Sunglasses get put up in the Visor, and the Kleenexs can go in your glove box. There now GM doesnt have to redeisign there interior so you have a spot to put your "Oakleys" and box of kleenex! Come on Dude thats really your Thread
LOL give the guy a break... I also feel like there's a lack of storage in my WT gmc, but that just means I have less shit stuffed in my truck that I don't need.... As for the sunglasses I have a clip like this I got for like 3 bucks at walmart, works pretty good...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
First, if i was female, i would be one ugly ass female. Bald with a goatee. No i am not female. I was merely trying to get ideas as to what other owners do. The kleenex is because i have bad allergies during certain parts of the year. A little packet of kleenex isnt going to do, i need a large box. Not to mention reaching into the glove box is a pain in the arse.

I can think of a million different reasons why one could use more storage in the dash besides sun glasses and kleenex. Those were just 2 of the things i noticed right away as i transferred stuff from my previous truck. Not to mention the LTZ has a huge amount of wasted space on top of the dash.

I also really don't appreciate your tone, or condescending attitude. I mean serisouly? You can take my girly Kleenex box and shove it up your ass.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL give the guy a break... I also feel like there's a lack of storage in my WT gmc, but that just means I have less shit stuffed in my truck that I don't need.... As for the sunglasses I have a clip like this I got for like 3 bucks at walmart, works pretty good...

I actually bought one of those, but i dont really care for it. Much prefer them in a tray or something. I really dont like stuff hanging on my visors.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I actually bought one of those, but i dont really care for it. Much prefer them in a tray or something. I really dont like stuff hanging on my visors.
Ohh that makes sense.. doesn't bother me. I have a cd holder, sunglasses, and 20-30 reciepts and other papers up there. I never flip it down so I just use it as a little extra storage...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When i lived in Michigan i used to have stuff on the visors, you didn't use them much :)

In phoenix, its a whole different story, the sun is so freakin bright you have to use your visor, especially when its rising or setting.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts

Right you keep less shit in ur truck this way. I'm really wat do u need to store in ur truck that doesn't fit in the glove box or center counsel.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
First, if i was female, i would be one ugly ass female. Bald with a goatee. No i am not female. I was merely trying to get ideas as to what other owners do. The kleenex is because i have bad allergies during certain parts of the year. A little packet of kleenex isnt going to do, i need a large box. Not to mention reaching into the glove box is a pain in the arse.

I can think of a million different reasons why one could use more storage in the dash besides sun glasses and kleenex. Those were just 2 of the things i noticed right away as i transferred stuff from my previous truck. Not to mention the LTZ has a huge amount of wasted space on top of the dash.

I also really don't appreciate your tone, or condescending attitude. I mean serisouly? You can take my girly Kleenex box and shove it up your ass.
Come on bud your one of those guys, A Big Billy Bad Ass online???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Come on bud your one of those guys, A Big Billy Bad Ass online???
I really shouldn't have even responded to your original dumbass comment, as I knew you would reply with something like this...i just couldnt help myself.
To answer your question, no i am not one of those guys online, just in person.

But my names not Billy :rofl

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Right you keep less shit in ur truck this way. I'm really wat do u need to store in ur truck that doesn't fit in the glove box or center counsel.
ya the thing is I dont have a center console. so the only real storage I have is the glove box, and what I throw behind the seat...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For all practical purposes my console i cant use for items that i use often. Since the dog has determined it his spot to rest..

There is all kinds of stuff though, i have like 3 different gated community clicker things, brake controller, 7-4 way adapter, spare fuses, pressure gauge, keys, gloves, copy of paperwork for RZR and Quad for when going to Glamis (incase rangers harass me), Phone car dock...etc

Apparently i carry way to much crap in my truck..lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
New member here who's picking up his first duramax on Monday. I eventually selected a 2500HD LT specifically because of the extra storage space in the interior. The second (upper) glove box and the extra holes in the dash make a ton of difference to me from a usability standpoint.

I also think the center storage in the 40/20/40 bench seats is better than the center console + buckets. The center console is cavernous, but difficult to use, whereas the bench option has two levels of storage that seem much more usable. I still went with the bucket seats, however, since I like the overall look a lot better.

However, I agree with the OP -- storage in the LT is definitely superior to the LTZ, and it led to at least one customer choosing the cheaper trim level.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts