Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this in my interweb travels today. Cool idea, but theres a point in the video when you can see a stream of oil running down in front of the diverter lol

Oil Diverter - from LubeUdo.com - YouTube

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Approximately 48 seconds there is a string of oil. Fast camera work... and bad editing

·
Registered
476 Posts
Not a bad idea...Would like to see it work on the aluminum pans on the LSx engines. LOL I'll stick with a fumoto w/nipple.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's really not that difficult to catch oil. Don't use a coffee can to try and catch it and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know, its funny how small of a catch pan they use, but hey that's advertising. I use a good size pan that will get the drain plug oil and the filter oil without having to do them individually. I stuff a funnel in the skid plate for now instead of buying a fumoto that might be used once a year.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I use the bottom a 55 gallon drum if I don't have the ambition to put it on the hoist. But obviously the hoist makes it idiot proof lol. And ya that guy wasn't even in the ball park with that pan and then it took him an eternity to move it.

·
There,wolf...There,castle
1,488 Posts
Pretty neat idea. Terrible video and terrible pricing. I'll keep my fumoto as well.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Fomoto with the hose works better!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts