Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys:
just a follow up on an original post.
When my truck was new it had two shifting or misfire issues.

1. under moderate acceleration it would have a jerk as if it had been turned off which would freak me out and I would let off accelerator, then step on pedal again and everything would be as normal.That problem hasn't happened since about 4000 miles, I now have 16000 miles on the truck.

2. The second issue has happened since new to current.
it happens almost every morning before things are at normal operating temp. At about 30 MPH under light acceleration or just maintaining speed it will start to lurch. I have actually hit the cruise control and when its doing this it will continue until i accelerate faster or let off completely. (even with tow haul on)
Once it has done it once for the day in generally wont do it again.

I have an appointment to get the recall for regen ECM update done but service department said it probably wont fix the lurching issue I'm having.

I have chatted with GM online and they blame the dealer for not fixing this issue,
anyone have any input??
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've run into this as well. I just bought a used 2017 Sierra Duramax and had the issue you describe in #2 happen 4-5 times in the past few months. Did you ever find out anything more?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts