Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right i have a 06 lbz 3500srw rclb WT Work Truck! i been getting behind on my fences "about a month" soo last night i went out to work in the dark on an ag fence. i park in line with my wire pull and shut the truck off so i could hear the radio while i tied to the h brace, ten minutes go by my lights flash and shut off. this went on for half an hour. HOW DO YOU GET THE ---- LIGHTS TO STAY ON!!!!:help

also how do you put your trucks info on the bottom of your page? thanks guys

·
Registered
2016 GMC Denali HD 6.6, Leveled, 35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on Stock Wheels
90 Posts
well i dont know about the light thing, as that bothers me as well with the bed light..

as for the truck info at the bottom of ur posts...go to QUICK LINKS then scroll down to EDIT SIGNATURE...type ur info into the box and click save....then all ur posts show the info u typed into the box

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
leave the key in the on postion or the acc. I have the other problem my never shut off

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok never thought about that, i'll try it next time i work at night, thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
you could just turn the radio up really loud :D:D

·
Registered
196 Posts
Heeeellllllll Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
The only way I know that you can leave the lights on is to leave the truck running. I tried the accessory position on mine when I was cleaning rabbits from a hunting trip we had and it still shut off after about 20 mins. I wouldn't leave the key in the run position without it running...your glow plugs would cycle on and off and really kill your battery.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i doubt your glow plugs will cycle in florida (with the key on for a while to work) :rolleyes: espically depending on how warm your truck was when you shut it off, even if it was cold your glow plugs wouldn't cycle until the engine and/or air temp were extremely low for florida

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i've tried all kinds of things to get that dam timer on the lights to stay on,,,,,, ya pull a relay something else don't work try another one, something else dies. soo like ya'll said, leave it running, skeeder fog at the same time with straight pipe, and turn the radio up higher and higher

1 - 12 of 12 Posts