Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, im very interested in doing a black maxx tuner and a full exhaust on my 2011 LML. My only concern is getting it inspected next year, i want to go all out and remove the urea tank completly. I know the tuner plugs into the OBD2 port and during the inspection im almost certain they must plug into in to do the inspection sticker in MA. Will i be able to pass with the tuner installed and all the sensors and the urea tank removed???
Any info would help!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
i don't know too much about tuners but I'm positive they will plug into your OBD2 port to test the truck. If not this year definitly next year. I'm guessing once you remove the tank and sensors it will throw a code. So unless you have a tuner that can get around the code issue, you will have a problem during inspection.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You may have an issue with the insp unless you can get around the codes thrown. Emissions are not on the agenda for diesels under 10k lbs yet. But certain trucks have to be plugged in to the obd. I don't know which ones cause it isn't for all. Mine doesn't have to be. Safety only. Yours possibly no plug in.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
You may have an issue with the insp unless you can get around the codes thrown. Emissions are not on the agenda for diesels under 10k lbs yet. But certain trucks have to be plugged in to the obd. I don't know which ones cause it isn't for all. Mine doesn't have to be. Safety only. Yours possibly no plug in.
im from methuen where do u got for your sticker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts