Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been trying to track down why my truck, 02 silverado lb7 with just intake, exhaust, and a tune, stopped making power over about 1800 rpms. I Know the FPR is going because of lopeing at idle so ive got one ordered and will be in next week. Well night before last i decided to shim the FPRV for the hell of it since its only 50 cent. I know the LB7s dont really have the problem but a few have so figured it couldnt make the truck run any worse. I did everything in just a few hours and noticed the rubber boots for the intake had some pretty bad dry rot. I put them on for the time being and truck still ran like crap for a bit then got on it one last time and had a decent amount of power back. Feeling pretty excited I corrected it I got back to the house, popped the hood and noticed I popped the intake horn off right before the MAF. Put everything back on and went for a test drive and sluggish and crap. Unplugged the MAF and it runs MUCH better. Pulled out the laptop with a crappy obdII scanner that can pretty much only read the MAF and with it plugged in at idle it reads about 3-5 lbs/min. At WOT it reads about 55-60 lbs/min and when it has no power. With the MAF disconnected it just reads 2 lbs/min steady and runs much better. I then popped the intake horn off after the MAF about halfway and it was reading about 20 lbs/min and pulled MUCH better, but still almost no smoke (truck a few months ago would have a little smoke when it was normal). I cleaned the MAF and no imrpovement. After unplugging the MAF and then having the intake hord halfway on i had two pending p0102 and p0101 codes but once everything is conncted back up there are no codes and no power. I couldnt find any readings with what the MAF should be reading in lbs/min and thats the only metric this crappy interface gives. Possible MAF going bad? id hate to drop $200+ and this not be the issue.

Sorry for the wall of text...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts