Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fort St John BC via AK
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK heres the deal. drive the truck 50 miles .shut it off go to restart and it idles fine mash on the go peddle and it bucks and snorts stinks to high heaven and will chug itself up to maybe 1500 rpm. all the while running like I'm keeping time to my big green tractor on the throttle.blows a code for the maf replaced it and drove it home only to have it do it again.cleaned the sensors both map and maf, cleaned my filter .still no joy.wandering if my banks tuner is messing with me.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Take the banks programmer off then try it, look for damaged wires. if you oiled your filter that will kill the MAF sensor too, they are very sensitive to that.

·
Fort St John BC via AK
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
guess il pull the tuner. yeah i used to oil it but after the first time it happened i cleaned it and put it in dry.i know not good but banks cold air has an oval shape and its hard to find dry filters to fit.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Take the Banks crapp off!!! A six gun made mine shutoff in an intersection and it would not restart untill I took it off.

·
Fort St John BC via AK
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK OK il loose the banks lol . been looking for an excuse to go EFI anyway

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
What year and mods-?? Please fill out the User CP signature at the top. That will help you get better answers, when you ask a question. There are some problems that are unique to each vehicle.

·
Registered
781 Posts
And sometimes cleaning them won't work, I have had luck cleaning mine but I know of people that just had to replace them

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, what happened?

·
Fort St John BC via AK
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well sorry it took so long i got rather busy. so i took the banks off and havnt had a problem since. i figured that because Gale Banks has been at this for so long , i couldnt go wrong. EFI live is in my future. funny thing .didnt notice that much power loss when i pulled it out. go figure

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have never seen a problem with the Banks programmers but i have seen issues with other plug-n-play tuners. A friend of mine used to run the Edge and when it worked the truck ran like a scolded dog but he would have issues of lack of power, intermitten quitting and intermitten no starts. The last straw was he got to work and the truck would not start, he swapped out the fuel filter, force prime by pressurizing the fuel tank and still no fire or start. It was below zero temps at the time too so he let it sit for a couple days until it warmed up. I told him to unplug the Edge and it fired right up. He was fuming mad then, he ripped it out of the truck and threw it away in the trash right there in the parking lot. A couple days later he had EFI live and loves it.

·
Fort St John BC via AK
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i had the edge tuner in my 2002. took them three trys to get it right . then i sold the truck .but for some reason the map sensore plug for my banks screwed up .

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Banks is garbage. You will be stoked with EFI. The chances of an issue are greatly increased when you intercept the can bus from the ecm to the motor like banks does. Efi is much safer.

·
Fort St John BC via AK
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dont have to sell me lol ,just glad it didn't hoop my engine,still under warranty

·
Registered
6 Posts
LB7 lack of power at full throttle

I have an 02' Sierra. Problem started a few months ago then went away. I changed fuel filter, maf, checked inter cooler boots. I was thinking it could possibly be the hypertech programmer it has. The only problem is someone broke into my truck and slole it now I cannot put it back to stock. The codes that I pulled were fuel rail pressure low, MAF circuit low,glow plug, eng coolant sensor. If I drive it under half throttle it does fine. If I go full throttle it blows black smoke and slows down like its under extreme load. Also makes some injector noise but doesn't smell like fuel? Any help please. Thank you!

·
Registered
117 Posts
For starters clear the codes and test drive it, see which code comes right back. Look for leaks in the air intake lines, you may hear whistling too when stepping into the throttle. This will throw your MAF code and cause the over fueling "smoking and injector noise".

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Moving to LMM -truck runs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts