Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Fuel Rail Plug earlier, drove it and everything was fine. I then installed the Ported Fuel Rail Fitting and turned my airdog all the way up. Started driving out the driveway and noticed a huge trail of liquid behind me. I pulled back in the driveway and sure as shit diesel was gushing from the top of the fuel tank. I turned the air dog back down and turned the truck to acc and the diesel still came pouring out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Out of the tank? something up with your return? get a mirror and look to see where it is coming from.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not able, this is a HUGE leak. like the filler hose isn't connected and someone is pumping it full of diesel huge

·
Registered
781 Posts
um-don't know what to tell you besides see what’s not hooked up... look at the cooler too

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solved!! crawled back under it and checked all the fittings. the airdog hose that connects to the metal line at the very front of the tank had popped off. I have the older airdog without the quick connect fittings. Even after I put it back together I could pull them apart by barely tugging at either end. Anyone else have this problem any solution?

·
DMAX LML
595 Posts
can you put a flare on the end so the hose has something to grab and not slide off?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it has one, the problem is the clip isn't strong enough to hold the pressure. bout to see if i can but one of the quick connect fittings to replace it.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
how many psi is your airdog turned all the way up?? why did you need to turn it up?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I turned it all the way up, just a shits and giggles kind of thing no legit reason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts