Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I STILL DGAF
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so it’s an old truck but it’s got 50k miles on it and it’s clean as hell. Like probably the cleanest I’ve had and that’s saying something. I’ve done a few small things but nothing like what I’ve done to my others. It’s a 2003, I’m gonna do my best to not go crazy with it but.......it’s hard not to make all kinds of plans. I’ll post pics tomorrow of what it looks like now but this is the night I got it home.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing wrong with ecsb trucks. I’ve owned 6 of them now. I wouldn’t mind a crew but I don’t “need” the room so I save money and by the extended cabs.
View attachment 1087963
I think in these older body styles the extended cabs look great. Newer ones were blah and the baby door shit they did is gross. I’ve had a few myself and while the extra room of a crew is nice this will serve me well as it’s mainly just me and occasionally a kid or two.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

How it sits today. Took the nerf bars off the night I got it cause I hate them with a passion.

Small shit I’ve done:
Polished gmc emblem
Newer style chevy taillights
1500 tailgate cap (didn’t have one on it)
Firestone Destination MT2’s (really like em so far)
Linex’d the bed rails (only the bed was done prior)
Sony head unit w/Apple car play
Weather tech mats
PPE boost valve
RDS toolbox/fuel tank combo (gotta plumb it in cause I literally just bought it off marketplace in midland)
Escalade handles are at paint shop

The truck already had a 5” straight pipe, muth signal mirrors, and an aftermarket fuel tank on it when I bought it. Not sure how many gallons it holds but I filled up at half a tank and put like 31 gallons or so in
it. So anyway, nothing big really just makin it stock fancy and enjoying being back in a Dmax.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Blast from the past. Welcome back.

Beautiful lb7

Reactions: Duraskank

·
Premium Member
10,709 Posts
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

My 01 ECSB has always been cool to me.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
I have the Chevrolet version of that truck. Bought new in 03. I love it. I kept it when I bought a new 1500 ccsb last year.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
In my opinion that is the best looking combination for that generation. It gives a 2500HD a sporty look. I personally don't like the look of the crew cab in that gen. If I am not mistaken in the new trucks what they call an extended cab is a crew cab with smaller back doors. My new one has the bigger back doors.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Duraskank

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Extended cabs were renamed to double cab in 2014.
Is that the stupid one with the short normal rear doors? It's almost impossible to get anything in the back. At least an extended cab the opening is big enough to get stuff through. I looked at one of those when I bought my 1500. I asked who would want that. The sales lady said not many people. They had it a while even with the truck shortage. And it still had a 5' 8" bed. Useless.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
View attachment 1087958 View attachment 1087959 Ok so it’s an old truck but it’s got 50k miles on it and it’s clean as hell. Like probably the cleanest I’ve had and that’s saying something. I’ve done a few small things but nothing like what I’ve done to my others. It’s a 2003, I’m gonna do my best to not go crazy with it but.......it’s hard not to make all kinds of plans. I’ll post pics tomorrow of what it looks like now but this is the night I got it home.
Good looking truck! I bought mine new in 2003 and yours looks VERY much like mine does, cleanliness wise and condition. I have the crew cab and stock tow mirrors but other than that and the GMC emblems (instead of Chevy). Mine has been garage kept it's entire life, that helps of course. Plus I'm anal about maintenance.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Good looking truck! I bought mine new in 2003 and yours looks VERY much like mine does, cleanliness wise and condition. I have the crew cab and stock tow mirrors but other than that and the GMC emblems (instead of Chevy). Mine has been garage kept it's entire life, that helps of course. Plus I'm anal about maintenance.
You pretty much just described my 03 Chevy and how I care for it. Except mine is an extended cab. Garage kept makes a huge difference over 20 years.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts