Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 lb7 (cali truck) has been giving me fits lately and I'm unsure whether it's a boost, trans, or fuel issue. When operating at WOT it boosts around 22psi and hangs in the gear for a second and seems to make no power, all the while it is dumping smoke. I'm kind of baffled at this point, I've cleaned MAF and done a boost leak test with no issues

Mods: 30 over injectors, batmowheel, airdog 2 (165), 3.5 inch turbo horn, egr delete, welded up pipe, high flow down pipe, high flow driver manifold, 5 inch exhaust, PCV reroute, cold air intake, efi live, edge cts

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Additional note; I've developed a strange rattle kind of noise on the driver side in the mornings. I dont notice it any other time of day. The only thing I've done recently is set valve last and replace injectors, think I need to take a look at the valves again? I plan to run a compression test this weekend

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Last time the fuel filter was replaced? This one sounds odd, but start with the simple things first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m having the same issue. It’s intermittent but when it does occur I have torque converter lock up in every gear and delayed shifting. 4th to 5th is the worst as it doesn’t like to shift into 5th without revving to high rpms and letting off for it to shift. It’ll sit in 4th at 2500-2700 rpms without trying to shift. Is this similar to what’s happening with yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts