Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Thanks guys. Its ok, some things I'd like to improve on like the flange off the back of the IHI going around the bend there and for the intake I need to look for something with a tighter bend. I think I've found a place that does custom bends but I'm hoping they do it for 5" tubing, what I have right now will work for the time being and I have the MAF in it now with the filter mounted, barely fits though.

Just waiting on the flange to be machined flat, took it to a local machine shop because I didn't want any changes of it leaking. Now they are saying Monday when it was supposed to be done today. Also, Rob will be doing the tuning for me and hopefully if all goes well I'll have some dyno numbers next weekend or at least get to a track here shortly.

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Finally got some time to work on it again, its all ready to go for the morning. I just finished up the oil lines and some other minor things. I have the day off tomorrow so I should easily be able to have it up and running in the morning.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Awesome. You obviously have some mad skills and lots of patience. Props to you. Wish i had those attributes!

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Awesome. You obviously have some mad skills and lots of patience. Props to you. Wish i had those attributes!
My patience wore out at times lol. Its good to have it all together now though, wish I would have had a solid week to work on it and all the parts I needed here at once.

Just heat wrapping the hot pipes tonight and it'll take a few minutes to put them on in the morning, then I can start it for the first time with the twins:rockin

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
They are done, have been driving some this morning. Have only used the mileage tune so far and on a run from 0-80 the EGT's never got above 950. Boost on the mileage tune sits at 40psi while the drive pressure is right around 42psi, I don't think it can get much better than that. Spoolup is slightly quicker than stock and I still have the PPE boost valve on, I'll have to take it off and see if it spools quicker which I'm thinking it will.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Time to update the sig now :D

Nice work!! It's been cool to follow your progress.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
They are done, have been driving some this morning. Have only used the mileage tune so far and on a run from 0-80 the EGT's never got above 950. Boost on the mileage tune sits at 40psi while the drive pressure is right around 42psi, I don't think it can get much better than that. Spoolup is slightly quicker than stock and I still have the PPE boost valve on, I'll have to take it off and see if it spools quicker which I'm thinking it will.

Can you get a vid of under the hood while its running? Looks great man. Congrats.

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
More details!!
As I go I'll update, still need to put the line for the other boost gauge between the chargers to see what its doing there.

The exhaust is dumping right under the passenger cab for now till I finish it up this evening.

Oh and it has a mean whistle to it:eek:

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Can you get a vid of under the hood while its running? Looks great man. Congrats.
I don't have a camera, I'll try to borrow one, been using my cell phone lately. It honestly sounds much quieter now even with not much exhaust tubing or muffler. Turbo whistle is almost non existent at idle but once you get on it you'll definitely know its there.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I don't have a camera, I'll try to borrow one, been using my cell phone lately. It honestly sounds much quieter now even with not much exhaust tubing or muffler. Turbo whistle is almost non existent at idle but once you get on it you'll definitely know its there.
Yeah i wanna hear that bad boy when u get on it :D how the power difference?

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 · (Edited)
Yeah i wanna hear that bad boy when u get on it :D how the power difference?
Well the mileage/tow tune feels faster than the race tune, its damp in spots on the road here so I was thinking I better wait to try the larger tune. It'll be at the dyno on Saturday morning though.

I'll have to paint everything in a couple weeks or two, just have to catch up with everything else I've been putting off. I don't think I could wait for the paint to dry without having driven it yet, I was pretty anxious to get it going.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Looks good Scott, nice job. I know it is not an easy one.

I'll look to the tuning today for you.

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Looks good Scott, nice job. I know it is not an easy one.

I'll look to the tuning today for you.
Ok thanks Rob, its actually running a little better now, check engine light still comes off and on though.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Well the mileage/tow tune feels faster than the race tune, its damp in spots on the road here so I was thinking I better wait to try the larger tune. It'll be at the dyno on Saturday morning though.

I'll have to paint everything in a couple weeks or two, just have to catch up with everything else I've been putting off. I don't think I could wait for the paint to dry without having driven it yet, I was pretty anxious to get it going.
Who could blame you lol. I would have a hard time having it just sit there and not being able to drive it. Looking forward to the numbers! nice work! :drink

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Just drove around on the race tune a bit, 50psi boost and 61-62psi for dp. It definitely needs the MAF table adjusted to run well on this tune though, it cuts out a bit up top.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice work man. #'s, Vids, and painted pics ASAP!

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
glad you got it finished it up!!!! once the maf issues are fixed you will be thrilled. they pull so hard way past 100:D

61 - 80 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.