Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ok guys I have a couple friends with cummins and they all started getting manifolds so started to get me thinking. What ones is best? Then we started talking and all of them are getting steed speed so I looked into it and found this..

Anyone have any word or clue on this. When if ever? Worth the money? The others ones for the cummins and powerstroke look like really nice products. What do u guys think?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
My buddy uses them for his Cummins but didn't know they had Dmax stuff. Huh.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump for the later crew?? Any one have any thoughts

·
Registered
33 Posts
My ppe manifolds and up pipes showed up, they seem like a pretty good system. Hoping to install sometime in the next couple weeks ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sweet that would be awesome I was originally looking at those!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ive heard good things about profab aswell little bit cheaper i think too.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Sub'd. Interested as well for my lbz

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still haven't found much info pro cons? Anyone?

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
cant buy em yet so i doubt your gonna get many reviews, unless they just aint selling them online yet

·
Administrator
16,862 Posts
Do you have an after market turbo? What's your reasoning for exhaust manifolds at this point?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How about the profab, Ppe, or bd? Any pros come to those?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Get parts ready for my build so just trying to get the most out of my air flow I guess.

·
Administrator
16,862 Posts
BD is a drivers side to overcome the poor factory design, many people opt to go with the LML instead.

Typically people don't install aftermarket manifolds until after they've done a turbo and honestly they aren't that popular of an upgrade.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok so factory with just the lml driver side is a good set up.

·
Administrator
16,862 Posts
Yes, I wouldn't personally upgrade to PPE until you were further down the road. I've seen lots of claims that the only benefit was EGT, but IDK. Lots of very high HP trucks are running on stock manifolds and up pipes.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
for the price they are not worth it..i have ATS manis/uppipes and regret wasting the coin.
i would go with profabs if i could do it again, the ATS's have a pretty crappy design IMO..

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yes, I wouldn't personally upgrade to PPE until you were further down the road. I've seen lots of claims that the only benefit was EGT, but IDK. Lots of very high HP trucks are running on stock manifolds and up pipes.
Not trying to jack the thread but when I have my twins going would it be worth it or just stick to stock?

·
Administrator
16,862 Posts
Not trying to jack the thread but when I have my twins going would it be worth it or just stick to stock?
Unless you are squeezing out every 10th for a race application I wouldn't worry about it. With twins you can look at the Pro Fab up pipes though, he makes one that is designed specifically for twins since you don't have to fight with the stock down pipe.

Not saying manifolds aren't good, but if you're not racing I don't think I'd worry about it until everything else was already done. I would get the BD or LML though for the driver side.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I run PROFAB. The reason I bought them is because I had the moter stripped down because of failed headgaskets. Maybe a waste of money but the flow is so much better and its my money.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts