Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy EFI Live with the CTS Insight pretty soon, I have read that the CTS insight will only read 22 PSI on the LLY. Can the MAP sensor be changed to a 2006 LBZ style and read higher pressure.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
is the issue with the physical sensor or the ECM? I know that's when they switched from Delphi to Bosch. bump for you

·
Registered
95 Posts
It only reads that boost number because it isnt really measuring the boost, its more calculating the boost based on the air flow past the MAF. Get an actual gauge if you want to know the real boost numbers. The cs is still good for everything else though, especially controlling your efi tunes.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It only reads that boost number because it isnt really measuring the boost, its more calculating the boost based on the air flow past the MAF. Get an actual gauge if you want to know the real boost numbers. The cs is still good for everything else though, especially controlling your efi tunes.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I know that the lly has a MAP sensor on the intake that reads boost to 22 psi. and the LBZ reads to 40 something. The MAP sensor is in the intake manifold attached to the driverside head. The MAF sensor is in the intake after the filter.

Manifold Absolute Pressure MAP
Mass Airflow Sensor MAS

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yes, any good EFI Live tuner can change the map sensor. On my 2004 LLY I installed the LBZ turbo mouthpiece and LBZ Cold Air Intake to match. Because of the larger diameter piping to the turbo and more air flow the MAP sensor would of been off however who ever tunes your truck should be able to do this.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, any good EFI Live tuner can change the map sensor. On my 2004 LLY I installed the LBZ turbo mouthpiece and LBZ Cold Air Intake to match. Because of the larger diameter piping to the turbo and more air flow the MAP sensor would of been off however who ever tunes your truck should be able to do this.
that is the MAS mass air flow not MAP Manifold Absolute Pressure, these are different things

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
I'm going to buy EFI Live with the CTS Insight pretty soon, I have read that the CTS insight will only read 22 PSI on the LLY. Can the MAP sensor be changed to a 2006 LBZ style and read higher pressure.

That's a good question and I wish I knew the answer for certain. The boost should be read by the ECM as the difference between the MAP and Baro sensors (nothing to do with the MAF sensor at all obviously). I think the LLY and LBZ MAP sensors are different (I believe LLY is 2.5 bar while LBZ+ is a 3 bar sensor), but again hopefully someone more knowledgable about it will chime in as to whether you can get them to work or not and if any wiring or scaling would be involved to make it work. It would be a nice mod if it does fit though.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Thats a good question, unfortunately, I know nothing of that, so here is a free bump. :)

Nice ride in your sig btw

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats a good question, unfortunately, I know nothing of that, so here is a free bump. :)

Nice ride in your sig btw
Sig is kinda misleading, Camaro is in the shop getting restored, thanks

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Muscle car Automotive exterior

Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BUMP, still looking for someone who knows or has done it.

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
BUMP, still looking for someone who knows or has done it.

Try contacting Ben (Duratothemax) and I'll bet he's got your answer.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bump

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
that is the MAS mass air flow not MAP Manifold Absolute Pressure, these are different things
MAF- correction on the correction...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MAF- correction on the correction...
Yes MAF mass air flow, still not what I need to know. MAP Manifold absolute pressure is the one I need imformation on.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Try contacting Ben (Duratothemax) and I'll bet he's got your answer.
Yes MAF mass air flow, still not what I need to know. MAP Manifold absolute pressure is the one I need imformation on.
Just trying to keep the terminology correct to avoid more confusion, just how I am.
Did you try MTL_Dmax's suggestion? He thinks Duratothemax might have the imformation you need. teehee

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.