Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - Anyone else have problems with engine power reduced message on the dashboard. I have an ‘08 3500 diesel truck. It use to read clean diesel exhaust filter with that engine power reduced message but not now. I’ve replaced the air cleaner, new oil change, fuel filter change, and new iat 2 - internal air temperature 2 sensor. I took it to the Chevy garage. I spent 100 on diagnostic. They deemed my mass air flow sensor bad on my 2008 Chevy 3500 diesel truck. I got a cheap $99 one from auto zone and same problem - engine power reduced. Now I bought an original replacement acdelco ( hitachi brand ?) with the same problem - engine power reduced message. Please help!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Try unhooking battery’s for a few min and see if it resets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello - Anyone else have problems with engine power reduced message on the dashboard. I have an ‘08 3500 diesel truck. It use to read clean diesel exhaust filter with that engine power reduced message but not now. I’ve replaced the air cleaner, new oil change, fuel filter change, and new iat 2 - internal air temperature 2 sensor. I took it to the Chevy garage. I spent 100 on diagnostic. They deemed my mass air flow sensor bad on my 2008 Chevy 3500 diesel truck. I got a cheap $99 one from auto zone and same problem - engine power reduced. Now I bought an original replacement acdelco ( hitachi brand ?) with the same problem - engine power reduced message. Please help!
So is your code for the exhaust? If it is, your DPF is trashed and you need to either get it cleaned or replaced.
[/QUOTE
So is your code for the exhaust? If it is, your DPF is trashed and you need to either get it cleaned or replaced.
I bought an OBD ll scan tool and it was maf sensor code. No engine light ever came on. Then after I replaced the maf the first time no codes but still reduced engine speed waning. I take to the garage and they say their tools are better and it’s the MAF so I return my OBD ll scanner. Now I don’t know what scanner to buy - advice? Now that reduced engine speed warning comes on at idling only at a traffic light etc. I drive to about 20+ mph and the reduced engine speed goes out - normal driving.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Have you looked over wiring for damage?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
709 Posts
What codes do you have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update - I took my truck back to the Chevy garage today and they overlooked the spring that was sprung in the air cleaner filter service indicator. Reset it and all is well. Makes me wonder if that’s all it was or I needed to pay $100 diagnostic, $151 for the MAF sensor and $160 for the IAT sensor II. Living the dream!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What codes do you have?
It was a faulty MAF sensor code. But I just wonder: Update - I took my truck back to the Chevy garage today and they overlooked the spring that was sprung in the air cleaner filter service indicator. Reset it and all is well. Makes me wonder if that’s all it was or I needed to pay $100 diagnostic, $151 for the MAF sensor and $160 for the IAT sensor II. Living the dream!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts