Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 duramax. check engine light is on, ON Star says it is the mass air flow sensor, Engine will start and idle, but runs very poorly in park with lots of smoke, but will not accelerate at all in drive. I cleaned the M A F S and it makes no difference. Does a new installed one need set up or programming. Truck is stuck 21 miles back in on forest road and not sure if the M A FS is the issue.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
check all boost tubes -- mainly the lower on the driver's side. Many things will set the P0101 code. If the boost tube is off, it will run poorly, set a code, and have lots of smoke.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
check all boost tubes -- mainly the lower on the driver's side. Many things will set the P0101 code. If the boost tube is off, it will run poorly, set a code, and have lots of smoke.
where are the boost tubes located, they connect from what to were, i am new to the whole diesel game. Thanks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
They connect silver boost tubes coming out of your turbo to your engine. They will be blue in color and have to separate bolt on clamps on them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts