Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 717 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys who on here is from mass?! i never see anyone on here from mass. im in kingston near plymouth where you guys at?!

·
Registered
121 Posts
i am from millis its near franklin

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am from millis its near franklin
prob about 45min from me, my father used to work in franklin at tri county vo-tech high school

·
Registered
121 Posts
what he use to do i went there for welding?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he was an instructor for auto tech

·
Registered
369 Posts
Not mass but I live in Southern NH... Near Lowell, Tyngsboro..

·
Registered
790 Posts
im from holliston over by framingham

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
I am on the cape Otis ANG Base to be specific . But only till mid june then it's off to TN for a new adventure !

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
70 Posts
Westford MA here

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't have on yet. I'm in the market for one so figured id sign up for the forms to learn a little before I buy one cuz I really don't know shit about them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Going to look at an 03 gmc 2500 hd ecsb tho so that may be the first for me. I just need to learn what to look for when buying one first

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't have on yet. I'm in the market for one so figured id sign up for the forms to learn a little before I buy one cuz I really don't know shit about them
yea the duramax is the way to go. are you looking to buy new or used. the new duramaxs have emissions on them. i would go with an older duramax like an 01-06 beacause they don't have emissions imo. but if you look at any used duramaxs with lb7 motor in it which is the first generation duramax. the common things to look for are the injectors,water pump,and the injection pump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ya that seems to be the common trend. I'm going to look at an 03 with 89k on it. Had injector pump and injectors replaced at 57k back in 07... I'm a little nervouse because it is a little on the cheap side so it makes me wonder if somethings wrong the dealer knows about but isn't saying. Is there any easy ways to tell cond of the injectors or the pump?

1 - 20 of 717 Posts