Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was spooling my turbo up to take off from a Camaro at a red light, I had one of the fastest launches I've ever done but ever since then when I hit the pedal and the turbo starts to spool up I hear a ton of air blowing right on the other side of the firewall. Any idea what could have happened?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the the boot on the front of the turbo but it was fine. I had my friend sorta power break it while I looked for the leak and it seemed like it was coming somewhere on the back of the turbo but I couldn't pinpoint it

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
do you have an aftermarket downpipe? it might have slipped off if the V-band clamp was not properly reinstalled. are you smoking more?

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
im just curious if its a boost leak or exhaust, have you noticed a loss of power? you might have blown out your y bridge

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly I don't know which leak it is. I can still kinda hear the whistle coming from the exhaust. Where would I find the y bridge? I'm fairly new to diesels so I'm not to familiar with them. And I sorta feel a loss of power but not a huge difference

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
that transition from rumble to hiss is a vane sweep done to check the range of the vanes and make sure there is no sut build up.....where that red pipe (intake bridge) connects to is the intake y-bridge. its made of up of 2 parts the elbow can blow out under high boost situations if the intake bridge is not secured properly.

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
no the vanes are inside the housing of the turbo on the exhaust side im not very familiar with the LML but im pretty sure that's a oil line

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
So you have an egr delete? What did you do for the up pipe? Plate it or weld it or lb7 up pipe? If them bellows are still there and just put a plate on it then they could have blown out and be the cause of your noise.. (happened to me)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Sub'd

1 - 20 of 22 Posts