Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
They just performed this on my truck yesterday. I did notice a "bump" coming to a stop like some people was talking about. But then I also went into Regen on my way home.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
685 Posts
They just performed this on my truck yesterday. I did notice a "bump" coming to a stop like some people was talking about. But then I also went into Regen on my way home.

What did they do exactly? They talk about engine driven vacuum pump which the Dmax does not have, it uses hydraulic boost from the power steering pump.

As for the bump you feel, my guess would be fuel sloshing in your fuel tank. Typically starts around 3/4 of a tank...

·
Registered
139 Posts
My GMC app shows the brake recall on my 2017 1500, but not on the 2019 Duramax. I do not think this brake recall affects the Duramax.

·
Registered
101 Posts
What did they do exactly? They talk about engine driven vacuum pump which the Dmax does not have, it uses hydraulic boost from the power steering pump.

As for the bump you feel, my guess would be fuel sloshing in your fuel tank. Typically starts around 3/4 of a tank...
Just a programming change.

That was no fuel slosh. It was like the torque converter released late.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just a programming change.

That was no fuel slosh. It was like the torque converter released late.

Same thing I thought. It is more than likely fuel. You should be able to duplicate the feeling in a flat driveway. Just have truck on drive at a stop inch forward slowly and stop. You should feel the bump almost everytime. You can also feel the fuel slosh if you have someone do this for you with your hand through the rear fender well on the rear of the tank. You can feel the slap of fuel on the tank.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have almost 13k on my truck. First time it done this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks I didn't notice that at first. You are correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts