Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm rebuilding my 5 speed on 04.5 lly. Purchased Pro series master overhaul kit from Merchant Auto with GPZ clutches and steels, 5 disc TC, their valve body pre-assembled. I put their transfer case pump bracket fix in the t- case. My question is should I bother with the C3 oilers? They say it's not needed with the GPZ clutches that have cross hatches. And should I be replacing my flex plate? I have an old tuner on it that has 5 settings, highest is approx 150HP, S&B cold air, 4" to 6" stack exhaust. Approx 550HP. I put this motor in with 80k on it about 5 years ago, niw has 130k, went through 2 stock transmissions (blown C3, C4 clutches) I drive hard, not a whole lot of heavy towing. Doing all this so I don't have to worry about this trans limping EVER AGAIN!.

·
Premium Member
3,277 Posts
I'm rebuilding my 5 speed on 04.5 lly. Purchased Pro series master overhaul kit from Merchant Auto with GPZ clutches and steels, 5 disc TC, their valve body pre-assembled. I put their transfer case pump bracket fix in the t- case. My question is should I bother with the C3 oilers? They say it's not needed with the GPZ clutches that have cross hatches. And should I be replacing my flex plate? I have an old tuner on it that has 5 settings, highest is approx 150HP, S&B cold air, 4" to 6" stack exhaust. Approx 550HP. I put this motor in with 80k on it about 5 years ago, niw has 130k, went through 2 stock transmissions (blown C3, C4 clutches) I drive hard, not a whole lot of heavy towing. Doing all this so I don't have to worry about this trans limping EVER AGAIN!.
Have you tried calling Merchant, and asking them this question? I would. Eric knows Allison transmissions pretty damn well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts