Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 4480 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Matt, random question here, you ever have to lay the skinny pedal to the floor in the LML with the built motor? While towing heavy...

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
You know of any good tar removers...I got it all down the side of truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like super clean in the purple bottle, probably takes all the wax off too, but it gets bugs and grease like nobody's business

·
Premium Member
8,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,005
Tarminator works wonders, best I've used... If seen it in a couple random truck stores and truck stop, i think some auto parts stores might even have started carrying it... Usually takes everything off with a good soak... If you have stubborn spots, soak a cotton round in it, and lay It right on top of the tar for awhile, or tape it on with masking tape if it's on the side... Check online for stores near you that might carry it...

·
Premium Member
8,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,006
Matt, random question here, you ever have to lay the skinny pedal to the floor in the LML with the built motor? While towing heavy...
Certainly have! ;) Had to try out the CP3 tunes, make sure they were dialed in, lol..... (excuse)
I like super clean in the purple bottle, probably takes all the wax off too, but it gets bugs and grease like nobody's business
What he said, you'll have to rewax anything you use Tarminator on...

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
For me right about the time your passing some random punk with a heavy load the 1200 degree alarm I have set on the alarm goes off and I back down

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Tarminator works wonders, best I've used... If seen it in a couple random truck stores and truck stop, i think some auto parts stores might even have started carrying it... Usually takes everything off with a good soak... If you have stubborn spots, soak a cotton round in it, and lay It right on top of the tar for awhile, or tape it on with masking tape if it's on the side... Check online for stores near you that might carry it...

I think oreillys sells that stuff I'll check it out.

·
Premium Member
8,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,011
For me right about the time your passing some random punk with a heavy load the 1200 degree alarm I have set on the alarm goes off and I back down

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I think GM spec is that the engine takes 1200 sustained... I wouldn't worry if it hops up a little, as long as you don't hold it there...

You back down at 1200? I was 1180-1270 for about 500 miles yesterday. Lol

Lol, if I hammer it to pass somebody, or to make a run for it up some hill, mine usually top around 1400... I've never kept it there long, definitely would be scared for stock pistons, lol.... I can hold 65-70 in 5th gear on most hills, and they stay between 1200-1250... A WOT run from a standstill loaded heavy will take em to 1400 right after every shift, and jump around between 1200-1400 till I back off...

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
I have to really try to break 1300 usually. But Iv had quite a few trips holding 1250 for ~1000 miles. Oil starts to get warm though.

·
Premium Member
8,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,015
I should set mine on modified stock and see what kind of EGTs I see... Oval bowl pistons play in to higher egts, as the fuel isn't burning quite as efficiently, I feel...

·
Premium Member
8,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,017
Wow, I forgot how much love this blue beast! It's been so cloudy, rainy, salty, and everything else the last while I forgot how good it looks after a good hand wash. Yeah, I'm ready to summer now...

Once the time comes for wheels, it's definitely gonna be getting a cut and polish to take care of swirls and minor scratches, and bring back the wet gloss again... Definitely getting it ceramic coated after that...

Desperately need some 305s again, hate how the 265s look. Can't wear 'em out fast enough...

·
Registered
19,138 Posts
Wow, I forgot how much love this blue beast! It's been so cloudy, rainy, salty, and everything else the last while I forgot how good it looks after a good hand wash. Yeah, I'm ready to summer now...

Once the time comes for wheels, it's definitely gonna be getting a cut and polish to take care of swirls and minor scratches, and bring back the wet gloss again... Definitely getting it ceramic coated after that...

Desperately need some 305s again, hate how the 265s look. Can't wear 'em out fast enough...

You doing the cut and polish or not?

What about the ceramic coating? I'm debating on doing mine and the wife's this spring.

·
Premium Member
8,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,019
You doing the cut and polish or not?

What about the ceramic coating? I'm debating on doing mine and the wife's this spring.
No, I'd get it done professionally... I want it perfect, lol... I could, but it would take me forever, and I got other stuff I'd rather be doing. Ceramic coating will last for a couple of years if it's taken care of... Pricey, but worth it for premium paint protection...

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
What's this ceramic coating?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

2001 - 2020 of 4480 Posts