Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1261 - 1277 of 1277 Posts

·
Registered
19,285 Posts
You mean stock fords or stock L5P?
Both.

We are eating through them and manifolds like crazy at work. Try to keep a couple complete sets of manifolds.

Along with heads, turbos, and maybe a short block or 2........

·
Registered
554 Posts
What are you thinking for replacement wheels? How much are you asking for the 22.5s?

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,264
What are you thinking for replacement wheels? How much are you asking for the 22.5s?

That’s why I haven’t gotten anything else yet, I can’t make up my mind LOL. If I do something different it’ll definitely be in 22s tho.

For some reason everybody thinks my current wheels are either 22s or 22.5’s. They are 20s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
554 Posts
Interesting. Are they direct bolt? If so, put me on the list of interested parties.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,266
Interesting. Are they direct bolt? If so, put me on the list of interested parties.

No, they’re 10 lug wheels. Need to run adapters with them.

Finally got around to installing a new shark fin antenna on the truck. I lost my OnStar and GPS a while ago, and Wi-Fi started being a bit sporadic. Bought a new white one off of eBay, and just swapped my blue cover onto it and installed it. Everything immediately came back online and works as it should again. FWIW, The original gasket under the antenna had the little drain hole at the backside of it, which is higher. Looks wrong to me. The new one has a drain hole at the front, which is lower. Hopefully that’ll Bruins it from happening again. Obvious signs of moisture on the inside, rust on components.

I’ve been very impressed with the set of tires I’ve got on the truck right now. Michelin Defender LTX, currently have 70,000 miles on them, and tthere’s stilla bit left on the rears. Haven’t measured the ffronts but they’re probably at about 50%.

Dropped a local tank earlier this week, and unloaded in Americus, GA today. 4 going out to IL again next week.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have ran Michelin tires for years on my cars and trucks and have always gotten great mileage out of them when I was traveling in my cars It was not uncommon to get 80k to 100k out of a set I have the same tire on my truck last set we got 45k but it is all city driving pulling a number pull trailer that is tongue heavy i rotate them every 5k

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,268
I have ran Michelin tires for years on my cars and trucks and have always gotten great mileage out of them when I was traveling in my cars It was not uncommon to get 80k to 100k out of a set I have the same tire on my truck last set we got 45k but it is all city driving pulling a number pull trailer that is tongue heavy i rotate them every 5k

I’m hard on tires, so it wouldn’t surprise me if somebody else might be able to pull a bit more out of them than I do.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

No, they’re 10 lug wheels. Need to run adapters with them.

Finally got around to installing a new shark fin antenna on the truck. I lost my OnStar and GPS a while ago, and Wi-Fi started being a bit sporadic. Bought a new white one off of eBay, and just swapped my blue cover onto it and installed it. Everything immediately came back online and works as it should again. FWIW, The original gasket under the antenna had the little drain hole at the backside of it, which is higher. Looks wrong to me. The new one has a drain hole at the front, which is lower. Hopefully that’ll Bruins it from happening again. Obvious signs of moisture on the inside, rust on components.

I’ve been very impressed with the set of tires I’ve got on the truck right now. Michelin Defender LTX, currently have 70,000 miles on them, and tthere’s stilla bit left on the rears. Haven’t measured the ffronts but they’re probably at about 50%.

Dropped a local tank earlier this week, and unloaded in Americus, GA today. 4 going out to IL again next week.

Hopefully the gnats didn’t tote you off down there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi M.A.M, I’m new to the forum and new to a 2019 l5p. I have a quick question. Do you have a high pitched whitsle fro your turbo? I never noticed it on my truck when new but after a 2000km (Canadian heh!) it became quite notable. Dealer said it just turbo and not to worry but my neighbour said he doesn’t hear much whistle from his l5p.
I have read through your whole thread and enjoyed all of the shared info.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,271
Hi M.A.M, I’m new to the forum and new to a 2019 l5p. I have a quick question. Do you have a high pitched whitsle fro your turbo? I never noticed it on my truck when new but after a 2000km (Canadian heh!) it became quite notable. Dealer said it just turbo and not to worry but my neighbour said he doesn’t hear much whistle from his l5p.
Thank you.
I didn’t hear much when it was completely stock, but under certain circumstances I could hear a little whistle.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Thank you.
Mine doesn't whistle either - and I don't recall others indicating they have stock L5P's that whistle.

Maybe you have a boost leak.
Or maybe it's my ears and others will indicate they have stock ones that whistle.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Thank you.
Turbo on mine makes a high pitch noise. Doesn’t really sound like a whistle or even much like another other turbo for that matter.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Turbo on mine makes a high pitch noise. Doesn’t really sound like a whistle or even much like another other turbo for that matter.

My 2017 makes a high pitch whistle type noise too, but only under certain load and throttle conditions. I have pretty good hearing and I’m still pretty young so maybe I hear it more than other people might. As we age we lose the ability to hear higher pitched noises, so there’s a chance that some people’s trucks make the same noise and they don’t know it. Mine has always had this noise and I assume it’s normal

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,276
Yeah, everything they said pretty much explains mine. It made more of a high-pitched noise, but not really a whistle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks everyone for your quick reply’s. I am sure the whistle is from the turbo, or boost leak as it will whistle more underload and even with exhaust brake. It is quite high pitched and consistent. I only pull a 5500 pound cargo trailer and am only getting about 22l/100km or 10m/g. I do only pull shorter distances as I am a general contractor. Do really let it idle much. Love the truck just not sure if I should be to concerned. Thanks again guys.

M.A.M. It looks like you did a good job on those tires!

1261 - 1277 of 1277 Posts