Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've decided to hold off on the lift and just do a level for now. I went ahead and tried cranking up my t bars to see what it would do. I only had 5 turns of adjustment on my driver side. I still probably have five more left in the passenger side. It raised my front end about 1 1/2 inches. But it seems my rear came up too??? This is my first ever IFS so it may just boil down to I don't know what I'm doing. I'm still 2" high in the rear. My angles don't look bad. They are a little off but not much at all. Should I get different keys? I thought I read from nor cal nick that other keys wouldn't do anything different than my stock keys.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
if you need more lift, then yes get different keys. Most people can get enough lift out of the stock keys. I have read where the newer trucks didnt have very much adjustment and that is when you would go ahead and change the keys.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of getting Bilsteins but may go the shock extension route for now. Is your truck actually level? Do you still have more room on the t bars and angles good?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just picked up 295/65/20 trail grapplers and a pro comp leveling kit. I'm gonna try to put the leveling kit on my self tonight and get the tires put on tomorrow or Monday and get an alignment. I tried a tire out on the front without the level and it would rub on the back. I may have to trim there but the front was all good and this is with me being 2" low in the front.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Stay in that green zone, cranking those too high can yield some un-fun results.

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,350 Posts
Stay in that green zone, cranking those too high can yield some un-fun results.
X2 cranking your factory keys is not the right way to level your truck. If you cheap out on a leveling kit you'll spend the money on front ends.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Describe the green zone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
X2 cranking your factory keys is not the right way to level your truck. If you cheap out on a leveling kit you'll spend the money on front ends.
^Yep:cool:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Describe the green zone.

Use the search button and look up NorCal Nicks leveling kit threads, he has pictures and goes into great detail about it

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Thanks!

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,350 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cranking my factory keys had no effect on the ride. I really didn't have any adjustment with them. It only raised it maybe a 1/2". I've got the pro comp keys in there now and I cranked it up to make it level but it brought me out of the green zone. I'm now a little low in the front but in the green zone. I have another thread going that has pics of my angles. I'm going to get the tires and alignment done this morning. I will post pica when it's done.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh and by the way, when I had the pro comp keys cranked all the way to level I was bouncing off my bump stops and it was very rough. Now that I came back down, it is as good as stock.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Oh and by the way, when I had the pro comp keys cranked all the way to level I was bouncing off my bump stops and it was very rough. Now that I came back down, it is as good as stock.
Yea there is the "no no". The entire geometry of the suspension isn't what it's suppose to be even in the "green zone" but when you're hitting the bump stops then it's definitely time to crank em down.

Looking forward to the pics

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I'm new to all the IFS. After getting on here and finding out all the good info I kept going back out an checking everything and I think I got it all right now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts