Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

May ROTM

8K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the May Ride of the Month Competition!

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

April ROTM Winner: @hdrolling

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Well, as they say, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. At least that guy with the big bad dually can't enter this month. ;-)

Hello All, Here's my truck & mods:

2019 Chevy Silverado 2500 High Country L5P CC/SB
S&B CAI, Banks Derringer & Pedal Monster w/iDash, Banks differential cover, Bilstein 5100 shocks
Morimoto xB headlights, tail lights and fog lights, Boost Auto switchback mirror lights
S&B MAP spacer, Centramatics, Chevy illuminated front emblem

One of my favorite experiences so far with the truck was when I trailered my boat for the first time. My route takes me through the Pine Barrens of NJ on 539 which is a single lane in each direction and a posted 55 MPH road. There are some passing zones, but they are limited in areas. Well, I was stuck behind a slow person doing barely 45, and traffic began to stack up behind me. I'm sure they all thought it was me, and I could see several people trying to pass, but they couldn't see the oncoming traffic coming. Well, I had enough of this bad situation, so I saw an opening and floored it with the boat in tow past the slowpoke. I was doing 80 before I knew it, and was pleasantly surprised with the power these trucks offer.
20210405_175712~2.jpg

20210405_175822~2.jpg

20210406_194848~2.jpg

#4 · (Edited)
Yep, no way I was going to enter my little truck in April's ROTM after laying eyes on hdrolling's beast. :)

So here is my much smaller and darker 2021 Silverado 1500 RST Z71 LM2 in Northsky Blue with the Dark Essentials package.
Added:
Trail Boss style wheels with Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires.
Blacked out Z71 emblems.
Powercoated black exhaust tips to complete the dark theme.
Banks idash gauges (waiting on Derringer development)

#5 ·
ok i have an awesome 06 LBZ that i absolutely love! It is a 2006 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD
4X4 it has a few light mods afe intake, FASS lift pump, egr ad cat delete, 4" strait pipe turbo back, 2" lift with really nice wheels Pro Comp Stryker 17X9 in matt black with 285/70 R17 LT! what i love about this truck is that when i get in it after driving my Semi, its like driving a caddillac, i purchased this truck so that i could retire from big turcks and haul campers as a retirement job, so far its been an awesome truck, till it split a fuel fitting on the CP3

Attachments

#6 ·
2018 GMC 2500HD All-Terrain. I bought new April of 2018 and she is not even broken in yet with 19k on the odo.
Mods: 4.5" BDS lift with Fox shocks and steering stabilizer, 20x9 Fuel Hardline wheels, 35" Mickey Thompson ATZP3 tires, Fab Fours Matrix bumper, Rigid Radiance series 30" light bar and 3" pods all controlled with factory switch, Banks Derringer w/Idash tuner in a Block8head console pod, Banks intake and monster exhaust, 20% tint, Tuxedo Prox15 tonneau.

Favorite story: I was in my truck at a gas station after filling up. Just getting ready to put my truck in gear when my passenger door flew open and a Betty White looking lady hopped in the seat and put 2 diet Pepsi in the center console and proceeded to get ready for her voyage. I looked at her then I looked to my left and saw her husband in the same All-Terrain as mine. He saw what had happened and smiled at me and said, "I guess I should have bought the 2500, can you hand me my Pepsi. Then his wife looked up and screamed. I guess she wasn't expecting to see a bearded guy covered in tattoos smiling at her.

#7 ·
Thats funny shit i don't care who you are.

#8 · (Edited)
2007 classic crew cab Sierra with the LBZ. I bought this truck back in 2012 from the salvage auction as a rollover. I fixed it with a complete used body and then the cab i put on ended having the rockers started rusting so i replaced the cab shell with a rust free southern one just a couple years ago. Did engine work in December 2020 which was one of the most fun thing I’ve done to it. Just got it back from the paint shop repainted bedsides and three doors to fix some rust and dents. 240k miles on it with complete factory fuel system still alive. Future plans of 10mm stroker pump and 60% over injectors. My signature lists more mods.

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
Yes there is, you get a premium membership which gives you an ad free experience on the website.

#13 ·
I'll forward up the themes idea.

#15 · (Edited)
Given I have made a few changes since the April ROTM contest, I figured I would try again. Pretty hard to compete with the likes of HDrolling and Ballistic, those are some stellar looking rides.

My truck so far:

2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4X4 LTZ Crew Cab Z71
Running boards
Full window tint
Firestone Ride Rite air bags
De-badged
S&B MAP Spacer
SnugTop Camper shell
Banks Super Gauge
Front mounted hitch
Blacked out Duramax hood emblems

For the April ROTM I told a story about how I'm impressed with the acceleration of this truck. Having just returned from our first pull of the RV on a short trip of 750 miles round trip I wanted to share this time how impressed I am with the shifting of the 10sp Allison. This transmission shifts butter smooth almost to the point of not knowing it has shifted even under heavy load on climbs or descents. Other trucks in the past have had hard shifts or delayed shifting, etc. With those transmissions I would try to mitigate their issues with throttle control. This transmission is just glassy all the time, and it shifts on immediate command in manual mode.

#16 · (Edited)
2019 Silverado 2500 HD. I added banks pedal monster and Derringer with Idash but mounted the idash out of the way on the dash behind the shift lever. I added led lights to grill, running boards and under tailgate. After this pic was taken, I noticed that the wiring on the grill was visible, that has been corrected. I have pics of final polishing where it looks like a mirror but they all have my reflection. Added Dmax filler to bumper opening and have a low pro cover on the bed. This is the quietest and most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned, including a few caddy's and benz's. I only have 8600 miles on it and on road trips I can coax 24mpg.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle
Automotive lighting Amber Bumper Wood Automotive exterior

#21 ·
I did the exact same thing with my front grill and was planning to put the pods into my running board pillars just as you did ( great minds think alike). ...

where did you tap the running boards? I was going to run back to the trailer 7 way to isolate it from the CANBUS lighting circuits .. just in case there were issues...

#17 ·
Hey y’all

This is my first post so I apologize now if it’s messed up at all.

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali that I actually just recently purchased 4 months ago. I haven’t done as much as I’d like, but I’m also new to everything with diesels so I’ve been trying to do my research. I’d like to make this truck stupid mean, but will definitely need y’all’s help on what to upgrade next and so on.

The truck only has 50k miles on it so she isn’t even broke in yet. The mods it has is a BDS5 switch, tune, FASS fuel system, S&B cold air intake, custom exhaust system, rear air bag suspension, fab fours front bumper, and a B&W hideaway 5th wheel.

I don’t have anything really funny for a story, but I do know I’ve spent more money in the past 4 months on the trucks upgrades than what my wife would like to see haha

Oh yeah! I also just purchased a hornblaster train horn just to have a little fun. Soo I’ll have to let everyone know my funny story when I get that installed 😂

#20 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

My 2019 chevy Silverado 1500 just bought it for my husband as a Christmas gift she only has 23 thousand miles on her she's not even broken yet my favorite memory riding in the truck is when my husband and I went to New York in Boston the beginning of the year I'm a Florida girl I seen snow but not like that and my husband had me drive in it you see down in South Florida we don't have snow it's tropical weather so for the first time ever driving in snow I won't be doing that again LOL my favorite aspect of the truck is when I put it in reverse to back up to a trailer I can hit the button on the screen it shows me exactly where the tongue of my trailer is and I don't need nobody back there to direct me my husband I've been together 20 years he's been with the same company for 25 almost 26 years he's an over-the-road truck driver he has taught me how to hook up backup in and pull these trailers we haven't done anything to it yet but im in the process of making silver pinstripes to go down the top crease of the pickup from the back door to the tailgate and I'm thinking about changing the color of the letters of the Chevrolet to Silver to match the pinstripes this way it breaks the red up and it's not all red I told my husband when he picked out that truck everybody be able to see him five blocks away due to the color is called fire engine red and by the way this is my first time posting on here soap if this isn't correct please let me know thank you

Attachments

#26 ·
Current mods to the truck are 4-6 Cognito NTBD, 22x12 American Force Sprint CC (Original owner said they were custom cut but that's what they look like to me), 33/12.5r22 Toyo Open Country M/T, Cognito UCA, Fox shocks, Danville s475 over stock compound turbo kit powdered green, 60% over Exergy injectors, Air Dog 150 lift pump, ARP head studs, Tuned by DMAXtuners, Built trans with billet shafts, and Trans Brace.

Favorite aspect of the truck is that it is a long bed. After selling my last truck I decided that the next truck would be a long bed. I like the fact that I can fit my outlander xmr in the bed with the tailgate closed. If I wanted to I can add a toolbox and still have a full size bed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.