Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a 08 Silverado and purchased a MBRP 4" Exhaust system for it. I had to sawzall my old exhaust out and when i started putting in the new exhaust i noticed a few bends in the stock exhaust that just are not there on my aftermarket exhaust. i figured maybe the mounting system was different and it would just work. I got the front pipe on (off the turbo) and immediately ran into issues when following the laughable instructions. the hanger clamp, when attached to the exhaust sits too high, even when the exhaust is as low as it can go. So i have the second part (labeled 37" extension pipe) connected to the front pipe, and it is sitting metal on metal right now. I can't figure out what i have done wrong, in the instructions it says i need to unbolt the rubber isolation hanger from the transmission then re-attach it. well, i used a sawzall so i never had to remove it and the instructions are so vague i don't know if it wanted me to attach the isolation mount differently.... anywho, i got a video showing my issue better than i can explain it. I will include a picture of the installation instructions.... what am i missing here?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
For SURE, MBRP needs to do a much better job in getting their parts to fit our trucks. No excuse for the parts not fitting correctly.

If you still have regens, I'd be concerned about that spare. Those pipes can get very hot.When I deleted my truck, I put an extra clamp on the pipe and it held a self-made aluminum shield between the pipe and the spare tire. So far, no problems, but then I don't regen.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For SURE, MBRP needs to do a much better job in getting their parts to fit our trucks. No excuse for the parts not fitting correctly.

If you still have regens, I'd be concerned about that spare. Those pipes can get very hot.When I deleted my truck, I put an extra clamp on the pipe and it held a self-made aluminum shield between the pipe and the spare tire. So far, no problems, but then I don't regen.
Thanks for the tip, but i have a EFiLive tune that has a DPF delete on it, should stop my truck from doing any regens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I ran into the same issue with the smaller clamp for the muffler today and the factory hanger not lining up. I did what you did with the extra clamp and used the extra clamp. Any issues you have had? I thought about emailing mrbp to see if I possibly was sent the wrong mount clamp. I wasted about 2 hours trying to figure it out when to install the exhaust took 45 minutes.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Loosen the downpipe at the turbo so you can swing it if you will, pull the bolt that attaches the downpipe to the up pipe. Leave everything lose. It helps a ton. Take the bracket off the trans and put in exhaust and these how much bending it needs to get it to bolt back on. Once bolted in bend it back so the front pipe doesn’t sit in the cross member. Get everything where you want and like and start tightening everything up a little. I messed with mine (06) and a buddies 08 for a few hrs to get it just right. Then tighten the hell out of everything and drive it. Check it in a week or 2 and retighten everything. Mine has been solid for 8 years now and his for 4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.