Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im doing this on my 08 crew cab lmm my question is why is this rubber piece in the box there is nothing in the directions for it. Im confused. I also took dpf off etc I unhooked everything I saw hope I didnt need to leave any of that stuff take a look at the pics and tell me if i did it right. Why does this system come with a muffler if off road use only? I guess I have to go get a 30in straight pipe made to take its place is that what you guys are doing? Thanks again

Rubber piece for what it fits in downpipe but i dunno

Dpf off is this correct?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The pics are pretty tiny, not sure what the rubber piece is, my flo-pro didn't come with one. as for the DPF you need to leave the electrical sensors plugged in. zip tie them up to the frame and cover them with a baggie or something. You can leave the braided lines on the pressure sensor and plug them off somehow.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
You cant just unplug the sensors? I guess what your saying is leave them plugged up, unscrew them from the pipe and zip tie the all that up? What happens if you unplug them?

Sorry for the questions in your thread Hick. I just did the diamond eye system tonight and mine didnt have that rubber piece either.

·
Registered
152 Posts
turn the muffler around backwards so air flows over the indentions in muffler and not into them.
idk what the black plastic is. just installed a 5"mbrp last week on my buddies LMM and i dont remember seeing that piece.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bowtie I need to know the same thing I left everything that was srewed into the dpf exhaust etc on the stock exhaust even the metal lines etc. I just unhooked it all from the truck at the sensors. Is this ok and why would you have to unsrew that stuff from the dpf And ziptie up? Why can you just but a lil baggy over the censors and be done with those guys

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
872 Posts
Yes you can leace the sensors unplugged. I unplugged all of mine and they have been sitting on top of my cabnet for two years now.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So did you just leave the metal lines attached to stock exhaust and take whole thing off. If you look close in my pics thats what I did i left eveything gm had screwed into the dpf screwd in.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I left all the sensors in the dpf i just unclipped them from truck thats where im making sure im ok especially those metal lines

·
Registered
897 Posts
My MBRP kit did not have that rubber piece.

·
Registered
968 Posts
IDK what that rubber piece is, I removed all the lines wiring and dpf around 85000 miles ago. efi tuned and have never had a problem except the tires wearing out faster in the rear. Smart move ditching all that stuff!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I left all the sensors in the dpf i just unclipped them from truck thats where im making sure im ok especially those metal lines

That's exactly what I did, 50K miles ago, never an issue. Just make sure you seal the plugs off so no water or debris can get in them. I've read several posts on multiple boards about issues when the got wet, especially when going through carwashes that have an underbody spray. It was due to them not being sealed properly. Just a tip. Enjoy the DPF-less LMM! :gearjaminChris

·
Registered
344 Posts
Which kit is everyone using for your 08' LMM? I called MBRP and they said they didnt have a turbo back system for this truck???

Can someone provide me the part number?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Just order one for an older truck. It fits. They won't market one specifically for an 07.5-2010, because it is illegal to delete emissions equipment.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I was thinking about going with the MBRP Turbo back + EFILive.

I spoke to a couple of stealerships and they said that will void the warranty if I add the EFI Live, but I also heard of people buying another ECU and just swapping it out when I take it in for any warranty issues.

Being that I live in So Cal, the emissions/Smog checks are not as relaxed as other states. Does everyone just add the DPF system back for smog?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After that install I will never put that pos dpf back on. It took me awhile as nothing wanted to line up and I forgot to order a muffler delete pipe and had to get one made. Now I just hope nothing leaks because im over that thing. Rob has my stock tune now just waiting on my tunes.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
I also just unplugged everything and have not had a problem yet, about 100 miles so far. Sounds great. I'll probably pull the sensors out and hang onto them just in case, the rest of that stuff is going in the dumpster.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
DPF=Junk!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Don't throw your old exhaust away. I have seen people buy them for upwards of $350-400.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
For the sensors, I just unplugged them. I did take small pill bottles and cut a slit into top and slide the connectors in there and use silicon to seal it so no water can get to them, then I zip tied them to the frame

1 - 20 of 22 Posts