Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my hot side IC pipe installed today. Only took about an hour. Didn't see any performance gains but the drop in egt's made it worth it!! Used to get around 1600 on a wide open run and now with the IC pipe I had 1300 during WOT. I'd say it was money well spent :thumb ImageUploadedByAG Free1363912656.321478.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1363912666.549780.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
good to know, its on "my list of things to get when i have money in 5 years" list lol

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good to know, its on "my list of things to get when i have money in 5 years" list lol
It wasn't really expensive either. I think I payed a little over 200 from ADP. And the install was super simple. I'm not very mechanically inclined and we knocked it out quick!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Thats a pretty impressive drop in egts for 200 bucks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Is anyone else seeing a 200* drop from swapping out the pipe? That seems cheap and totally worth it! Did you log it with EFI?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I didn't log it. I'll do some logs after I upload my built trans tunes. I was only on my 80 tune by the way. So on a hotter tune the drop in egt's may not be as significant

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No boost seems the same. I had my girlfriend give it some gas and I felt around the new boots to make sure there isn't one now. A boost leak would make a pretty noticeable sound wouldn't it?

·
Registered
393 Posts
No boost seems the same. I had my girlfriend give it some gas and I felt around the new boots to make sure there isn't one now. A boost leak would make a pretty noticeable sound wouldn't it?

My upper hot side boot was damaged, had a tear in it that went 3/4 the way through. Changed it out via bank's hot side tube. Noticed I picked up ~1lb of boost at WOT. Sound pre/post was the same. I haven't noticed any changes in EGT's. I wasn't able to see your sig on my tablet, your moving A LOT more air than I am, so the tube probably helped you with a bit more flow.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My upper hot side boot was damaged, had a tear in it that went 3/4 the way through. Changed it out via bank's hot side tube. Noticed I picked up ~1lb of boost at WOT. Sound pre/post was the same. I haven't noticed any changes in EGT's. I wasn't able to see your sig on my tablet, your moving A LOT more air than I am, so the tube probably helped you with a bit more flow.
We have basically the same mods. I don't have an aftermarket turbo yet. It is possible that I had a boost leak if it wouldn't have made a noticeable sound. I pay attention to sounds like crazy with my truck. To the point of where I think I'm starting to lose my mind lol. I am throwing more fuel at it though so maybe this extra air helped balance me out more than someone with stock injectors. Are you planning on doing the cold side IC pipe? I think I may as well throw it on. Couldn't hurt

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have to stay emissions legal so deleting the grid heater and egr valve is out. Ninja blocked it so it will pass visual inspection after I move to AZ. Only running 80hp up on my "big" tune, wasn't expecting much on the hot tube anyway had other motives and the price was right. I'll have to watch my EGTs closer maybe I did cut them a little. Won't complain one bit if it does!!!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honestly if you don't see any real gains from it at least it looks good!! Haha. I wasn't aware of having to delete the grid heater with the cold side pipe. I'll have to look at it closer to make sure it's something I want to tackle

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
how do you add a dang pic so i can ask a question with a refence photo or two regarding this

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
View attachment 72223 View attachment 72224 View attachment 72225 hey ds10wyo the 2 wiring harness plugs in these pics do they rub your bigger pipe at all? mine rub my stock one like a mofo. Reason I ask is my new one is powdercoated to match the egr delete pipe im about to install and i dont want to rub the paint off it

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
perfect that makes me feel better. mine is afe. not sure it would matter they should all be bent the exact same but figured id mention that lil tidbit

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I noticed that the MBRP pipe is straight going into the intercooler. Some brands still use the stock bend. But that part shouldn't matter anyways :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts