Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Mbrp muffler help!

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  jcbDuramax 
#1 ·
okay inside the muffler there are fins that spiral down and open up.....the directions said to face the muffler where the air flows over the fins...NOT throu the fins....it made a darn awful noise at 950 rpm like there was a wrench in there. lol so yesterdau i turn it around so the air was flowing into the holes....Was this a mistake??

#4 ·
I think the only down fall is that the holes will eventually fill up with soot and plug up the holes :rolleyes:

#6 ·
Get the muffler delete pipe. then theres no holes to worry about and it will be alot louder :D

#7 ·
Yeah I've wanted a straight pipe but it sounds alot cleaner with a muffler...imop but I took the cat off lol

#10 ·
okay well if I had the air flowing o er the holes then wouldn't it have already sounded like a straight pipe?

#9 ·
Ha probly so..oh well if it won't hurt it it's okay..I'll keep an update on if there is a sound diff after awhile. I'm sure it want take long. Lol

#11 ·
No it wouldn't, because its the sound that the muffler is muffling not the airflow. If you want to stop the airflow, then crimp your exhaust shut :D

The main difference should be volume. With the flow going over the holes it should be a tad louder, if you turn it around so the flow goes into the holes it should be a tad quieter. Other than that there shouldn't be much difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.