Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the MBRP T-409 SS Exhaust System for my 2005 LLY. How important is the PPE EGR False Code Eliminator. Are these codes common with such an upgrade on a 2005 LLY?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Do you have a federal emissions truck? If you do, you might not even get the light. If you do, it is a $50 fix. You can get the kit from kennedydiesel.com Also, I am assuming you are doing the "off-road" system which has the pipe to replace the cat. If you are doing a cat-back, there are no worries.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i ran a T/B system on our 05LLY and never had any lights..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds like I'm pretty safe to order the system without the fix. I can order it later if the error occurs. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No codes yet

I've had the MBRP SS 4" exhaust and the Diablosport Predator for 2 weeks now, towing and highway driving, and so far - no problems - just more power (and about the same mileage - a little better when towing). Thanks for all the suggestions when I was making these purchase decisions.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have silverline turbo back and know three other guys that have mbrp and none of us have thrown any codes

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have thrown the egr code while towing with my edge up in the hot setting, but this only happens when the truck is dumping an extreme amount of fuel out the tail pipe. I have a silver line 4" turbo back no muffler and also an diamond eye true down pipe(what a bear to fit on the truck) Helped with th egt's though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts