Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the difference in the pro xp and installer series? does it take a lot of work to bolt these things on? it doesn't seem like it would be that hard but im just wondering

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also is there any advantage in getting a 6in tip over a 5in tip with a 4in system?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
also is there any advantage in getting a 6in tip over a 5in tip with a 4in system?
it's all about the look..bigger the better or thats what i was told:drink:rockin5" will do but the 6" has killer looks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i thought

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just thought it might help with exhaust temps like those little slits on the 08s exhaust

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i found out that a 4" exhaust runs cooler(lower egt's)then a 5" with the stock charger,it's almost like the bigger pipe it loses volocity and kinda stays in the pipe longer instead of shooting out the rear of the pipe like it would with a smaller pipe..just my experience

·
Registered
2016 GMC Denali HD 6.6, Leveled, 35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on Stock Wheels
90 Posts
i found out that a 4" exhaust runs cooler(lower egt's)then a 5" with the stock charger,it's almost like the bigger pipe it loses volocity and kinda stays in the pipe longer instead of shooting out the rear of the pipe like it would with a smaller pipe..just my experience
that would make sense, plus 5" will probly give you more backpressure popping!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how would the 5" have more backpressure? isn't it more open and unrestricted than a 4"?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
well it's hard to explain so let me try again,with a bigger pipe it lose velocity and therefore it case some engine discharge to build up inside the pipe and that would add more restriction for the turbo to push it out and in the end your egt's are higher..
now guys this is not based on a rocket sciencetist philosophy just a average guy doin some experimenting..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright that makes sense does anyone know the answer to my first post on this thread

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
like i said thats is what i came up with(i might be wrong)and it isn't back by anything other them my thoughts..

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am not saying you are wrong either.

Sometimes there are other things at work that make a difference.:drink I can't think of what that would be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts