Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, ive got a friend planning on getting a 7.3 powerstroke, he's going to get the Tony Wildman 6 position chip. he said he's getting the 365hp tune (Never heard of that tune) and claims with exhaust and intake he has me. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
:jack1........

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
never heard of it
or have never heard of a 7.3 making that much power off a tuner :rolleyes:

·
Registered
552 Posts
ok, ive got a friend planning on getting a 7.3 powerstroke, he's going to get the Tony Wildman 6 position chip. he said he's getting the 365hp tune (Never heard of that tune) and claims with exhaust and intake he has me. What do you guys think?
I've heard that stock 7.3 injectors are only good for an additional 80hp. So, if that is true and he is running stock size injectors a 365hp tune is still only gonna net him 80hp..

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
i would go ahead and race him and beat the shit outta him then talk shit about a 365hp tune

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol, i knew he had to be full of sh**, a simple tuned 7.3 wit intake and exhaust can't hang with a duramax, much less a EFI tuned Duramax. I jus needed someone to verify that he was full of sh**

·
Registered
589 Posts
ya you've def got him beat. run em and let us know what his face looked like

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
me neither, that why I gave him the "WTF/Yeah Right" Look:rof
:rof :rof

well most 7.3s haver turbos trans injectors and stacked chips
and a dmax with efi with smoke them :rof

it takes like 15k for s 7.3 to run a 15 in the the quarter :rof

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
sounds like u better get your boots on cause sh!ts gettin deep

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just tell him to buy the truck and line em up, end of story.

·
Registered
877 Posts
i know who your tuner is go get him.he's lucky if he can make 365 @ the rear wheels.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i know who your tuner is go get him.he's lucky if he can make 365 @ the rear wheels.
yea i thought the 365 tune was bullsh**. I jus didnt know.

Yeah good ol' Harley did my tuning :D

·
Registered
877 Posts
yeah hes been through my motor twice and built me a couple different tunes,he's the man.

·
Registered
63 Posts
no way a 7.3 or even a 6.0 could be that fast off a chip and exhaust alone :rof

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah hes been through my motor twice and built me a couple different tunes,he's the man.
I might go back down to Georgia to port my intake horn, cause I won the ROTM, thats the only thing i could think of to use my $50 on. As long as I'm helping Harely, he's a great guy

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hey Sparks your truck looks good I saw it in an old DT reader rides. Now go smoke that powerchoke!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts