Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in about a month and a half im racing my buddies jetta that has around 230hp he says. hes got some basic mods like suspension, exhuast, tuning, intake...But hes been talking about a race and im wondering what you guys will think the outcome will be. My mods are in my sig...

Thanks

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
My mods are in my sig
That should have given away the outcome of the race already. Turn up the DSP5 just to see how many car lengths you can get on him :rof

·
Registered
240 Posts
Give him some window cleaner to clean your exhaust off his windshield at the end of the track!!!

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
yeah shuldnt be much of a race

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really...so you guys think im gonna spank him then?

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
let me refrase that! lol I'm going to beat him in a drag race racing my truck against his jetta??? By ALOT???

LOFL

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Yeah, you're good to go. Can't beat good tuning and a trans. Plus you can make boosted 4x4 launches

·
Registered
877 Posts
:rof:rof:rof:rof it aint even gonna be a race.let us know if your racing him in a 1/4 you'll get him by prolly 6 lengths.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
edit also:

he has 220 not 230...

and also im working on my 4x4 launches becasue my pitman/idlers are shot and i dont have the braces and even with my sleeves, they wouldnt be able to hold...so i gotta get those fixed also

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow...im suprised that everyones saying this...ive heard from others in town that are into racing and they are almost all saying that i wouldnt stand a chance...

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Keep the boost low. That or non boosted 4x4 or boosted 2 wheel tire smoke show

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this is on an 1/8th mile track also

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
this is on an 1/8th mile track also
Even better. Torque gets you off the line, which means the short the track the better. Guess you are really set now. :drink

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Should i put money down? lol like 100.00 or so

MAYBE PINKS???

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ive road in it with him and ill say that its pretty quick...it at least felt quick riding in it! lol

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
220hp on a Jetta? VR6? you'll smoke him

1 - 20 of 33 Posts