Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey forum members!

My name is Greg, have a shop in Massachusetts, we do a lot of custom work for various categories (diesel, marine, performance, off-road, etc.) We also do a lot of heavy duty class 8 fleet maintenance, and DMax pickup/van maintenance. We started out doing LS swaps in Wranglers and off-road race rigs, but I grew up around diesels (Peterbilt, Mack, Cat, Komatsu, etc.) and once you have diesel in your blood theres no turning back so I incorporated it into the shop.

I've owned a DMax (LB7) for years and have worked on all years of them as well. I like to help others around the country and have built up a pretty good network within the Jeep and offroad community, I'd like to do the same with the diesel world. If theres ever a time where anyone needs help I will be more than happy to help diagnose remotely. I will also try and be as active as I can on this forum but sometimes shop life is busy.

- Greg

·
Registered
142 Posts
Glad to have you om board !!

Got anything done to the LB7? How she holding up?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bsimster,

My previous LB7 was bone stock and was super clean from Texas till a family member totalled it. Just picked up another 02 Sierra CCLB for dirt cheap and is bone stock still except for a Fass 165 liftpump.

Its going to end up being my shop/advertsising rig so I'll be doing a bunch to it. Most likely a 3" lift with King coil over conversion. Im sure we'll end up innthe motor as well but for right now were doing some small things for longevity purposes like a coolant filter, Mishimoto radiator, external engine oil cooler, x-case pump rub, and a few other things.

But of course this comes down to finding the time and shop space to do it 🤣

Im sure I will start a build thread soon to start showing ongoing progress.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Solid.

So let me be the first to ask. Whats the wildest build you're shop has done?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We haven't gotten into wild just yet, so no sled pullers or dyno beasts with a diesel yet. We have mostly stuck to the custom fabrication work right now till someone comes to us and wants to do a crazy expensive build.

The Jeeps are where we've gotten a little "wild" in that we have two race rigs here in MA that we've done custom long arm suspensions, LS swapped with 6.0 and one has a 6L80 and the other has the newer 8L90. They both have 1-ton axle swaps with a Dana 60 front and a GM 14 bolt rear. One has full hydro steering and other has hydro assist both with high steer arms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts