Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all. My message center in my truck says I need to change the oil after I just changed the oil and filter. How do I reset the oil change light? Oh ya my truck is a 02 2500 HD duramax. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do you have the steering wheel controls on that truck?

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
to reset my light, I turn the ignition to the on position (do not start) then press the fuel pedal 4 to 5 times then start, the oil change light should flash a couple times then go off. I have the same truck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have the steering wheel controls on that truck?
What do you mean stearing wheel controls? If you are asking if my cruise control and other controls are on my steering wheel, there are no controls on my steering wheel other than the horn.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
do what matt 28 01 says. you turn the key on (don't start) and press the accellerator pedal 3 times in 5 seconds IIRC. Either way it should flash on the driver's center.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What do you mean stearing wheel controls? If you are asking if my cruise control and other controls are on my steering wheel, there are no controls on my steering wheel other than the horn.
On the trucks with the lt3 package there are controls for the radio and the message center on the steering wheel. there is were you finr the reset button on those trucks but the fuel petal trick works on the rest.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried the feul pedal trick close to 20 times with no luck. I turned the key to th on position (engine off) and pressed the accelerator pedal 5 times. I did it around 20 times and nothing happened. Is there another trick or is there more details to when I hit the pedal?

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
do you start the truck right after?

the other thing i can think of....the second that key is turned you need to hit the pedal...if that isnt the case it may be a sensor thing or computer, not quite sure how that message thing all works

·
Registered
1 Posts
turn key on pump petal four times one right after the other shouldn't take more than two seconds. but make sure when you pump the accelerator you go all the way to the floor. start the truck and the change engine oil light should flash.

·
Registered
16 Posts
try this turn the key on put the truck in nuetrual put foot on the brake then pump the gas pedal 4 times that what i do on my o1 gasser that i'm wanting to put the diesel power plant in. my brother even does it on his o7 vortec max.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts