Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Vanned this place
8,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there's install pics floating around in a few threads. Just thought having one thread with just the nozzle pics would be a fast easy way for someone doing their install to see where they can put the nozzles and solenoids without having to search for hours.

If I get bored I'll start going thru the other threads and copy+paste the other pics here. Or post your own. Not real concerned about brands of system here, just state what you have - lb7/lly/lbz/lmm/lml and a brief description of what's there

This is on an LBZ. 3 nozzles, 2 solenoids, and the lines going off to the driver side are for the boost gauge and psi gauge

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
one thing that i saw that i might bring up. The primary solenoid at least on the snow kits is now suposed to be between the pump and the tank. This way there is less of a chance that water will leak while the system is suposed to be off. We had a kit that was plumbed the way Lotsofmiles' was and it seeped bad enough to hydrolock.

just a bit of info i thought might be helpful.

·
Vanned this place
8,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thats odd, are you sure? Ive been on the phone with them 2-3 times in the last week talking about my system and install.

Tank to pump to solenoid to nozzle.

They say keep the solenoid as close to the nozzle as possible.

Doesnt the solenoid shut off when system is off?

If the solenoid is in the bed with the pump you got how many feet of line to drain into the nozzle???

You sure thats not with the old solenoids? they had a solenoid upgrade a while back. even the instructions show put the solenoid after the pump

http://www.snowperformance.net/product_images/product_variation-installation_pdf-91.pdf

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
the only way it would drain is if you solenoid is bad and leaks. if that makes sense. in other words water wouldnt drain unless air could make its way back up to the solenoid from the nozzle which would be impossible unless there is a leak somewhere, of course.

·
Registered
107 Posts
thanks for the pictures of injector installs... I've been searching a while for pic like this so I can get my AEM kit installed....

·
Registered
107 Posts
now, which is prefered, or easier... in the pipe in the back by the turbo or the aluminum piece up front under the wire bundle? (sorry, fairly new to diesels so I'm still figuring out the different parts compared to a gas engine). And can it be drilled on the engine? AEM's directions dont really clarify.

·
Vanned this place
8,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On devils Own forum there was a good explaination of where to put it.
I'll try to find it, or Dust may know, or Coors (where has he been?)

you can drill the aluminum piece while on, but I took mine off. No chance of shavings getting anywhere with it off.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's where I ended up putting mine. I go through the water pretty fast and I'm not totally convinced on effectiveness though. But that's for another post.

·
Registered
250 Posts
about to install aem water meth on my lbz can some one show me where the proper place is to put the nozzle ??

1 - 20 of 47 Posts