Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've run BFG AT and Toyo Open Country AT's on my last 4 trucks. I'm due for some new tires and it's time for a change.

I live in Edmonton Alberta (Canada) - and in addition to a lot of highway driving and towing a 5th wheel in the summer, I end up in snow, ice, rain, mud, gravel roads.

I would have gone back to a Toyo or BFG again, but someone recently 'highly' recommended the LTX AT2 from Michelin for all-purpose driving.

These will be 265/75R16 on a 2006 2500HD.

Anyone have experience here? I dont need the super aggressive sweet looking tires anymore. I'm too old now...just need a good all-round deal that can get me out of a jam but is decent on the highway too.

Thx!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I currently have them on my truck. Not good at all on mud but very good in snow. I too tow a 5th wheel and the tires do great. Quiet on the highway. I had the Michelin's on my Tundra. I went thru 2 sets, rotated every 5k and pretty anal about the air pressures. They lasted about 50k each before I changed them. They would have still passed inspection but they started to get loose on wet pavement. I did not tow with the Tundra so I don't know how long they will last on my 2500. I will be replacing them with exactly the same tire when the time comes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts